About this job
- Market: Energy
- Industry: Renewable Energy
- Area of expertise: Engineering & Design
- Location: Melbourne
What is required?
- Hours per week: 40
- Education level: Academic Bachelor
- Closing date: Tuesday, December 26, 2023
About this role: Renewable Energy Engineering Manager -Electrical
Join our global clients team in support of a groundbreaking Battery Energy Storage System (BESS) project. Scheduled to start construction in n November, located in the outer suburbs of Melbourne, this BESS 600M/1200MWh facility is at the forefront of sustainable energy solutions in Victoria.Position Overview:The Engineering Manager (Electrical) will spearhead all electrical engineering aspects of our large battery energy storage project, ensuring that the design, implementation, and completion of the electrical works meet the highest technical standards, safety guidelines, and project requirements.
What you need to bring:
- Leadership & Team Management:
- Lead and mentor a team of electrical engineers and technicians, fostering a collaborative environment.
- Establish clear team objectives, evaluate team performance, and provide feedback for continuous improvement.
- Collaborate with other department heads and project stakeholders.
- Design & Planning:
- Review, validate, and approve electrical designs and schematics ensuring they comply with local regulations, industry standards, and project requirements.
- Coordinate with suppliers, contractors, and consultants during the design phase to ensure all aspects of the project are aligned.
- Client and Consultant Liaison:
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with clients, ensuring their requirements and expectations are clearly understood and met.
- Liaise regularly with consultants, incorporating their expertise into the project and addressing any concerns or recommendations they may have.
- Facilitate regular progress meetings and reviews with both clients and consultants, ensuring alignment and addressing any emerging challenges or changes in scope.
- Implementation & Execution:
- Oversee the installation, commissioning, and integration of electrical systems, ensuring they are completed on time and within budget.
- Ensure that all electrical works are carried out in compliance with safety protocols and best practices.
- Collaborate with the Quality Assurance team to ensure the quality of electrical installations.
- Maintenance & Support:
- Develop and oversee the implementation of preventive maintenance plans for the electrical systems.
- Lead troubleshooting efforts in case of electrical system failures or inefficiencies, ensuring rapid resolution.
- Documentation & Compliance:
- Ensure all electrical engineering documentation, such as designs, test results, and commissioning reports, are kept up-to-date and archived.
- Ensure compliance with all local and national electrical standards and regulations, staying abreast of any changes or updates.
- Salary Package starting at $230,000 plus super
- Global Renewable Leader
- Opportunity to work on the Largest Battery Storage Project and more exciting renewable Energy projects
Anything Else?Brunel is a recruitment and flexible workforce solution provider which connects talented people with opportunities throughout Australasia and around the world.
We specialise in highly skilled roles across a variety of technical, professional, trades and craft disciplines, pairing candidates with industry-leading projects and organisations on a contract, permanent or secondment basis.
Operating in Australasia since 2001, Brunel has major bases of operation in Perth, Sydney, Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly global network spanning over 40 countries, 100+ offices and 45 years of successful operation.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Rylee Hanson is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use this number:
Brunel Energy Australia Brisbane