Vacancy number • PUB405980
Our client, a prominent Tier 1 mining company based in Perth, is seeking a highly skilled Purchasing Officer to join their team on a 6-month contract. As a key player in the mining industry, this organisation is committed to excellence and innovation.
About this role
As a Purchasing Officer, you will report to the Purchasing Supervisor and play a crucial role in delivering procurement services for the Customer Group. This includes purchasing and expediting goods and services in accordance with established policies and procedures to optimize price, delivery, and terms.
- Purchase and expedite materials, parts, supplies, equipment, and services while adhering to established purchasing policies and procedures.
- Identify cost-competitive and reliable suppliers, issuing requests for quotations and leveraging RFQ opportunities.
- Analyze commercial benefit initiatives in new capital, sustaining capital, maintenance programs, and operational spend under direction.
- Ensure all goods and services are ordered and received according to specifications.
- Ensure correct costing of materials.
- Consistently meet the Customer Group's needs regarding the provision of purchasing services.
What you need to bring:
- Relevant experience in a similar commercial purchasing/buyer role, preferably within the mining and resources sector.
- Demonstrated understanding of materials and inventory management, as well as services buying, including commercial and legal terms.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of purchase-to-pay and logistics processes, with experience in the supply of both goods and services.
- SAP experience.
- Team orientation and ability to adapt quickly.
- Ability to handle multiple and highly complex tasks and activities that contain financial and operational risk.
- you must be currently based in Australia with unrestricted right to work to be considered for this role
- Tier 1 Mining business
- $36 per hour + super
- CBD location
- 6 month contract - possible extension
- Salary sacrificing, Novated Leasing, EAP, Hotel/Gym/Insurance discount
Brunel is a recruitment and flexible workforce solution provider which specialises in connecting highly skilled workers with projects and organisations throughout Australasia and around the world. Operating locally since 1997, Brunel has major bases of operation in Perth, Sydney, Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly global network spanning over 45 countries, 120 offices and 45 years of successful operation.
Are you ready for the next step in your career? Join Brunel’s powerful global network, where passionate, results-driven specialists come together with industry-leading clients. By connecting specialists to pioneering projects, we drive change in many industries, enabling growth and delivering great outcomes. Brunel helps you reach your full potential and empowers you to make an impact within a purpose-driven global company.
Explore your career opportunities!
At Brunel, we are proud of our unique corporate culture, which is shaped and nurtured by the collective efforts of our employees. Our work environment is characterised by an authentic, communicative and inclusive approach to teamwork that fosters an atmosphere of collaboration and creativity. Our values are at the center of everything we do – for our clients, our colleagues and ourselves.
Since 1975, our mission has always been to connect specialists to exciting career opportunities, to support the development of these careers, and to offer fair and equal employment. This has enabled us to create a truly sustainable and durable business model. Having a passion for people and caring deeply for the environment is not only part of Brunel’s DNA but is also reflected in our culture and values. As a global company, we take our social responsibility very seriously.
Join us on our mission!
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Michael Shirley is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use this number: PUB405980