About this job
- Market: Energy
- Industry: Mining
- Area of expertise: Project Management & Services
- Location: Perth
What is required?
- Hours per week: 40
- Education level: Other
- Closing date: Tuesday, January 2, 2024
About this role: Project Estimator
Our client is a prestigious Tier 1 mining company based in Perth, Australia, known for its commitment to excellence and innovation in the natural resources and heavy infrastructure industries. They are currently seeking a highly skilled and experienced Project Estimator to join their dynamic team on a 12-month contract.
We are looking for an experienced Project Estimator with a strong background in Project Controls Management to support our client's critical projects. The successful candidate will play a pivotal role in the successful execution of multiple sustaining capital projects, each valued at less than A$200 million.
- Utilise your extensive experience in project estimating and cost control to provide accurate estimates for multiple sustaining capital projects.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, project managers, and other stakeholders to understand project requirements, scope, and objectives.
- Develop and maintain detailed cost estimates, taking into consideration factors such as materials, labor, equipment, and overhead costs.
- Utilise industry knowledge to identify cost-saving opportunities and mitigate potential risks.
- Monitor and report on project costs, providing regular updates to project stakeholders.
- Contribute to the development of project budgets and provide ongoing support for budget management.
- Assist in the review and analysis of project contracts and proposals to ensure cost estimates align with contractual requirements.
What you need to bring:
- The ideal candidate will have over 10 years of experience in Project Controls Management
- Proven track record of working on major projects in the natural resources and heavy infrastructure industries. Your experience should include managing multiple sustaining capital projects valued at less than A$200 million.
- A qualification in an appropriate discipline such as Engineering, Project Management, Quantity Surveying, Commercial, or a related field is required
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to work effectively within a team and with stakeholders.
- Industry leading company
- 12 month contract
- $85-100 per hour
- Supportive workplace culture that values your growth and success
- Personalised guidance throughout the recruitment process
- Salary sacrificing, Novated Leasing, EAP, Hotel/Gym/Insurance discount
Anything Else?Brunel is a recruitment and flexible workforce solution provider which connects talented people with opportunities throughout Australasia and around the world. We specialise in highly skilled roles across a variety of technical, professional, trades and craft disciplines, pairing candidates with industry-leading projects and organisations on a contract, permanent or secondment basis.
Operating in Australasia since 2001, Brunel has major bases of operation in Perth, Sydney, Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly global network spanning over 40 countries, 120 offices and 45 years of successful operation.
Brunel is proud to be equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and female candidates.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Michael Shirley is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use this number:
Brunel Energy Australia Perth