About this job
- Market: Energy
- Industry: Oil & Gas
- Area of expertise: Health, Safety, Environmental & Quality
- Location: Scotland
What is required?
- Hours per week: 40
- Education level: Academic Bachelor
- Closing date: Monday, April 24, 2023
About this role: Project Environmental Specialist
Our client, a High-Profile Global Organisation within the Energy
Sector, has an exciting opportunity for a highly skilled Project
Environmental Specialist to work within one of their Project Teams.
Start date: Immediate
Duration: 12 Months
What you Will be Doing:
- Ensure timely assessment of Project environmental risks using robust methodologies in accordance with our clients Standards and UK offshore and onshore legislation (OPPC, PPC, ETS, etc);
- Advise on pragmatic and credible risk management solutions for priority environmental risks associated with Projects/Developments;
- Ensure identified risks and controls are transferred into Project Execute and Operate (including new permit conditions), including the inclusion of commitments made and agreed risk controls into the terms and conditions of contractor contracts;
- Develop scopes of work for contractor support. Manage contractors and consultants: preparing Permit applications, OPEPs, EIA, ESHIA and supporting studies & modelling, including baseline and monitoring studies and surveys and environmental management programmes;
- Fulfill the role of Impact Assessment Lead with support from Impact Assessment Subject Matter Expert.
What you need to bring:
You are Right for This Role if:
- Degree (or Industry) qualified in relevant subject;
- 8 + years experience in UK regulatory frameworks & requirements (onshore or offshore);
- 5 + years of Projects & Development support experience;
- A good understanding of the Upstream business and how it works, including credible front-line experience of managing HSSE;
- Strong aptitude for Learner Mindset.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Ben Callander is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use this number:
Brunel Energy UK Manchester