About this job
- Market: Energy
- Industry: Oil & Gas
- Area of expertise: Engineering & Design
- Location: Queensland
What is required?
- Hours per week: 40
- Education level: Professional Bachelor
- Closing date: Friday, April 28, 2023
About this role: Project Drafter
Brunel Australasia are currently partnering with one of Australia leading energy companies who's main focus is getting energy right for its 4.2 million customers.
They have a great reputation for powering a cleaner, smarter energy future for Australia and beyond. The successful candidate will be offered an opportunity to join an exciting industry and strong support to grow and explore your potential.
Reporting to the Operational Technology (OT) Project Manager, the OT Project Drafter will work under the direction of Origin employees across a major infrastructure & network refresh project in the Operational Technology area.The Project Drafter will undertake audits of OT equipment, travelling one week per month to APLNG sites to red-line drawings. The Drafter will then use their high level of AutoCAD knowledge to as-build master drawings.
The role will liaise with the Document Control team to obtain drawing numbers, retrieve natives, and upload items to the document management system.In addition, the Drafter will create project deliverables in CAD. There may be an opportunity to move from CAD to Connect Master during the project which will require the Drafter to use the Connect Master application.
Project deliverables include but are not limited to:
- Rack diagrams
- Equipment registers
- Termination diagrams
- Telecommunications port and wiring diagrams
- Electrical wiring diagrams
- Earth termination diagrams
- Telecommunications tower arrangement drawingsYour responsibilities will include:
Prepare for and carry out site auditsAs-build master drawings and update project & demolition drawingsLiaise with Document Control for drawing numbers, natives, and upload to the document management system
Draft project deliverables at various stages (IFU, IFC, ASB) using AutoCADTaking ownership of the versioning and revisions of deliverables as per the Origin Energy Drafting ProceduresUtilise, or quickly acquire skills, to operate ConnectMaster
What you need to bring:
To join this great team you will have attention to detail and a solid understanding of drafting principles.
You will also have excellent time management skills and an appreciation for the nature of project work.
You must be willing to travel to site once per month. Ideally, you will also have ConnectMaster experience.
- To be successful in this role you will have or be able to show:Experience in engineering design, ideally in telecommunications or operational technology
- Minimum 2 years’ experience auditing site equipment
- Minimum 5 years’ drafting experience
- High level of AutoCAD knowledge
- Knowledge and understanding of the Origin Energy Drafting Procedures and Engineering Guidelines and
- Standards, or a willingness to acquire this knowledge
- Experience using ConnectMaster, or a willingness to acquire this knowledge quickly
- Opportunity based in Brisbane
- Mon- Friday roster
- Exciting project rolling out new technology to field sites
- Fantastic rate on offer
- 12 month contract (potential to be extended)
- Great Culture | Safety Focused | Professional Team
Brunel is a recruitment and flexible workforce solution provider which connects talented people with opportunities throughout Australasia and around the world. We specialise in highly skilled roles across a variety of technical, professional, trades and craft disciplines, pairing candidates with industry-leading projects and organisations on a contract, permanent or secondment basis.
Operating in Australasia since 2001, Brunel has major bases of operation in Perth, Sydney, Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly global network spanning over 40 countries, 100+ offices and 45 years of successful operation.
Brunel is proud to be equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and female candidates.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Darren Leavey is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use this number:
Brunel Energy Australia Brisbane