About this job
- Market: Energy
- Industry: Renewable Energy
- Area of expertise: Engineering & Design
- Location: Australia
What is required?
- Hours per week: 40
- Education level: Professional Bachelor
- Closing date: Saturday, February 18, 2023
About this role: Project Director
Brunel Papua New Guinea are seeking expressions of interest for a Project Director to oversee Project Management and Supervision Consultancy (PMSC) services for port construction and rehabilitation works in Papua New Guinea. The position will include an attractive expatriate salary package including housing, vehicle, social club membership and regular return flights to/from point of hire.
As the Project Director, you shall be the full-time in-country based manager overseeing all facets of the PMSC consulting services. The role is based in Port Moresby and will be required to visit the six project sites across PNG on a regular basis over the course of implementation phase and shall ensure accountability and effective implementation of the port sector projects. The Project Director will be primarily responsible for the Project Management Unit achieving the highest performance standards. The Project Engineers will report to the Project Director who in-turn will report directly to General Manager – Project Management Unit.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Overall management of the team of Regional Engineers and Provincial Supervisors to ensure that all obligations under the PMSC contract are fulfilled to the requested quality and timeframe.
- Overall responsibility for quality and timeliness of engineering design, cost estimates and work-plans.
- Overall responsibility for the development of the identified management plans including Procedures Manual, Safeguards. Implementation Plan, Capacity Building plans and Work Health and Safety (WHS) plans.
- Overall responsibility for consolidating and presenting Monthly, Quarterly, Annual and Completion reports; and over-sighting the preparation of other Technical Reports.
- Coordinate the inputs of the PMSC team and other consultant resources to achieve an optimal outcome of works supervision and contract administration across the projects works portfolio.
- Liaise with the PMU in regard to resolving issues, risk, opportunities, planning, scoping, design, documentation, supervision and monitoring, reporting and assessment of contracts and the works work-plan;
- Identifying and managing project risk.
What you need to bring:
- Tertiary engineering, planning or other infrastructure-related qualifications, and eligibility for membership of the Institute of Engineers PNG and/or equivalent related professional overseas memberships.
- Highly effective leadership and management skills, including substantial project team leadership experience on large externally assisted development projects in recipient countries.
- Demonstrated ability to engage senior-level counterparts effectively on program implementation and management matters, sector policy, and research and innovation.
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills.
- At least 15 years broad experience in the management of ports and associated civil and infrastructure works and/or other related infrastructure works including in PNG or other developing countries and remote locations.
- Demonstrated ability in developing and delivering marine sector projects including familiarity with the ports and maritime. sector in PNG, including asset management and development practices, institutional and financial arrangements, sector policy directions, key stakeholders, and operational settings in the field.
- Familiarity of FIDIC Conditions of Contract or similar contracts.
- Demonstrated capacity development experience and skills, particularly competency-based technical mentoring.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Wilfred Kochannek is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use this number:
Brunel Energy Australia Brisbane