About this job
- Market: Energy
- Industry: Oil & Gas
- Area of expertise: Project Management & Services
- Location: Victoria
What is required?
- Hours per week: 40
- Education level: Professional Bachelor
- Closing date: Monday, May 1, 2023
About this role: Project Cost Engineer
Brunel Australasia are seeking a Project Cost Engineer who will perform cost estimate preparation, estimating oversight and quality assurance reviews for one of worlds premier petroleum and petrochemical companies.The Cost Controls Engineer will also prepare Check Estimates and Schedules to compare with Operated by Others (OBO) Operator-prepared submittals. This person will participate in estimate / Schedule assessments (verification of project cost & schedule bases). Lastly, they are expected to participate in Estimating Group process efficiency tools and quality assurance review process improvements.
- Preparation of project cost reports; analysis of actuals, update to cost forecast and completion of variance analysis
- Completion of cash calls
- Completion of accruals
- Monitor purchase orders and AFE status
- Requires strong skills in SAP and Excel
- Requires strong interpersonal skills; develop relationships across project team and work effectively to extract accurate information to meet various reporting deadlines
- Additional tasks as defined by Business Supervisor
What you need to bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering within discipline or equivalent professional experience
- Previous experience in a closely related position
- Skills to negotiate and broker successful solutions between Internal Coordination parties above
- Basic to advance level proficiency in Cost Estimating, Project Planning and Project Controls
- Strong Influencing, consulting, mentoring, analytical, and computing skills
- Adaptability to changing priorities
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to organize, plan, control, coordinate, and effectively manage cross-functional activities
- Docklands based role in Melbourne
- Monday - Friday roster
- 12 month contract (potential to be extended)
- Great Culture | Safety Focused | Professional Team
Brunel is a recruitment and flexible workforce solution provider which connects talented people with opportunities throughout Australasia and around the world. We specialise in highly skilled roles across a variety of technical, professional, trades and craft disciplines, pairing candidates with industry-leading projects and organisations on a contract, permanent or secondment basis.
Operating in Australasia since 2001, Brunel has major bases of operation in Perth, Sydney, Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly global network spanning over 40 countries, 100+ offices and 45 years of successful operation.
Brunel is proud to be equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and female candidates.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Darren Leavey is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use this number:
Brunel Energy Australia Brisbane