Project Controls Specialist
Vacancy number • PUB406277
We are a leading recruitment agency partnering with a tier 1 mining company based in Perth. Our client is seeking a dynamic Project Controls Specialist to lead the project controls team supporting the delivery of projects across multiple mine sites. This is a Perth based role. This exciting opportunity allows the successful candidate to embark on a leadership role, managing a team of up to 8 project planning and project cost professionals.
About this role
As the Project Controls Specialist, you will report to the Superintendent Project Controls – SCS and work in a challenging and exciting environment. The role involves providing guidance and leadership to the project controls team, ensuring effective interaction with internal and external stakeholders at a portfolio level.
- Provide guidance and leadership to team members, offering mentoring and training to develop resources.Prepare, analyse, review, and issue timely reports on the assigned Delivery portfolio, including implications of changes to the Annual/Monthly plan and forecast.
- Provide cost and schedule analysis support on the assigned Delivery portfolio and individual projects as required.
- Assist in the development and rollout of key project controls improvement initiatives.
- Ensure compliance with project controls guidelines and procedures.
- Facilitate portfolio/project review meetings and ensure cost and schedule management tools and systems are updated.
- Maintain the integrity of integrated project cost and schedule reports.
- Drive collaboration between delivery, cost, planning, and contracts groups to ensure that project changes are identified and implications are well articulated and understood.
What you need to bring:
- Ability to use Excel to an intermediate level such as ability to interrogate a spreadsheet to verify and crosscheck data accuracy across systems.
- Highly organised, able to keep the team focussed to manage deadlines and ensure deliverables are met
- Able to motivate others with ability to work with stakeholders at all levels.
- Previous experience in project controls or project management.
- Strong people management skills within a project context.
- Mining experience is advantageous but not essential.
- Willingness to travel ad hoc to the Pilbara region.
- You must be currently based in Australia with current right to work already granted to be considered for this role
- Tier 1 Mining business
- $86-106 per hour + super
- 12 month contract
- Perth CBD based
- 40 hour week
Brunel is a recruitment and flexible workforce solution provider which specialises in connecting highly skilled workers with projects and organisations throughout Australasia and around the world. Operating locally since 1997, Brunel has major bases of operation in Perth, Sydney, Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly global network spanning over 45 countries, 120 offices and 45 years of successful operation.
Are you ready for the next step in your career? Join Brunel’s powerful global network, where passionate, results-driven specialists come together with industry-leading clients. By connecting specialists to pioneering projects, we drive change in many industries, enabling growth and delivering great outcomes. Brunel helps you reach your full potential and empowers you to make an impact within a purpose-driven global company.
Explore your career opportunities!
At Brunel, we are proud of our unique corporate culture, which is shaped and nurtured by the collective efforts of our employees. Our work environment is characterised by an authentic, communicative and inclusive approach to teamwork that fosters an atmosphere of collaboration and creativity. Our values are at the center of everything we do – for our clients, our colleagues and ourselves.
Since 1975, our mission has always been to connect specialists to exciting career opportunities, to support the development of these careers, and to offer fair and equal employment. This has enabled us to create a truly sustainable and durable business model. Having a passion for people and caring deeply for the environment is not only part of Brunel’s DNA but is also reflected in our culture and values. As a global company, we take our social responsibility very seriously.
Join us on our mission!
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Michael Shirley is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use this number: PUB406277