Project Controls Manager
Vacancy number • PUB406151
Brunel has an exciting opportunity for a Project Controls Manager with our client who is a leading mining company in Arizona.
Manages and oversees project controls functional area for very large multidisciplinary high risk capital engineering and construction projects. Responsible for project planning and scheduling, cost estimating and monitoring, progress measurement, risk management and reporting. Manages project controls personnel. Responsible for establishing operating policies to mitigate risk. Provides guidance and consultation for project managers and corporate management. Experienced with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
About this role
- Guide and direct resolution of project difficulties and complex project control issues. Strong analytical skills required to review all project controls information and ensure accuracy as well as identify issues, concerns and potential mitigations.
- Interact with the Project Management team and Corporate management team and participate in regular project meetings. Gather information and prepare reports and presentations of information as needed on the project.
- Identify and communicate design changes, scope changes and schedule slippages and potential impacts and participate in the identification of mitigations. Ensure trends of cost and schedule are identified, manage change management process and communicate and suggest corrective actions.
- Coordinate with cross functional team in project setting, ensure project controls team members are interfacing with engineering, procurement, contracts and construction on concepts and relationships to the scope of work and ensure adherence to safety and quality standards.
- Oversees project baseline process for cost, schedule and progress and ensure all project systems are implemented according to process and company standards and procedures.
- Ensure full implementation of company processes and procedures as well as industry best practices with regards to project controls on the project following the company project stage gate process.
- Establish risk management protocol which includes identification, documentation, mitigation and tracking of potential risks on the project. In addition determine potential cost and schedule/progress impacts of potential risks as they are identified.
- Ensure the accuracy of reported progress percentage based on the rules of credit established within the project. Develop progress measurement process for required scopes of work.
- Establish and manage project schedule development, review and update processes and to ensure accuracy and alignment with the overall master schedule.
- Manage and ensure all project required reporting is pared and submitted as per approved reporting schedule for the project.
- Mentor and lead a large staff of project controls team members, ensure project is staffed appropriately, conduct regular staff performance reviews and manage any staffing issues that may arise.
- Nature of work: Works on highly complex issues and responsible to implement solutions. Leads and directs the work of others. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Level of interaction: Leads the department with interaction with external piers in various departments, responsible for cross coordination between groups.
- Autonomy/decision making: Works under very limited to no supervision and has latitude to set objectives, priorities and timelines
- Budgetary responsibility: Has moderate budgetary responsibility
- Managerial responsibility: Leads large multidisciplinary project controls team
What you need to bring:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Construction Management, Business or related fields and twelve (12) years’ experience in Construction Management, at least eight (8) years of experience in a leadership role in project controls OR
- High School diploma or GED and sixteen (16) years’ experience in engineering, construction, project controls or business related field with at least eight (8) years of experience in a leadership role in project controls
- Leadership ability and strong management skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Word, Excel and Outlook
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to multi-task in a high paced project environment
- Experience with ERP system, estimating software, SAP and EcoSys is preferred
- Understanding of accounting functions and systems
- Experience with cost control including project estimating, forecasting and cost management including reporting
- Strong understanding of Primavera and with overall planning process and best practice on capital mining projects
- Construction experience with an ability to maintain awareness of occupational hazards and safety precautions in a construction environment
- Experience with mining construction projects, especially in Asia
- Bahasa language skills is a plus
- Location: Indonesia
- Rate: U$1,100 net per day while working on site, U$800 per day if working from home
- Rotation: 8 weeks on x 3 weeks off (incl travel time)
- Accommodation: provided on site, on single-status basis
- Working hours: Mon – Sat (approx. 10hrs per day)
Our client is a global leader in the mining and metals industry.
Are you ready for the next step in your career? Join Brunel’s powerful global network, where passionate, results-driven specialists come together with industry-leading clients. By connecting specialists to pioneering projects, we drive change in many industries, enabling growth and delivering great outcomes. Brunel helps you reach your full potential and empowers you to make an impact within a purpose-driven global company.
Explore your career opportunities!
At Brunel, we are proud of our unique corporate culture, which is shaped and nurtured by the collective efforts of our employees. Our work environment is characterised by an authentic, communicative and inclusive approach to teamwork that fosters an atmosphere of collaboration and creativity. Our values are at the center of everything we do – for our clients, our colleagues and ourselves.
Since 1975, our mission has always been to connect specialists to exciting career opportunities, to support the development of these careers, and to offer fair and equal employment. This has enabled us to create a truly sustainable and durable business model. Having a passion for people and caring deeply for the environment is not only part of Brunel’s DNA but is also reflected in our culture and values. As a global company, we take our social responsibility very seriously.
Join us on our mission!
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Sarah Logan is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use this number: PUB406151