About this job
- Market: Energy
- Industry: Mining
- Area of expertise: Project Management & Services
- Location: Perth
What is required?
- Hours per week: 40
- Education level: Other
- Closing date: Wednesday, April 12, 2023
About this role: Project Advisor: Approvals - Mining – Perth Based
On behalf of our client, we are currently seeking a highly skilled and motivated Project Advisor to join the Sustaining Capital team in Perth on a casual basis with a nominal 1-year duration, and an opportunity for extension.
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing approvals for our client's Sustaining Capital division and ensuring compliance with legislative and internal governance requirements.
The Project Advisor will liaise with the internal approvals team to obtain all necessary approvals in line with project schedules and governance. As such, this position is critical to ensuring all approvals are gained correctly, managing interface with all stakeholders, prioritizing approvals, and making sure all our approvals are compliant with legislative and internal governance requirements.
- Streamline approvals process by screening projects, including use of existing approvals where appropriate.
- Facilitate submission of project approval requests and survey requests.
- Conduct site audits including environment and heritage compliance.
- Develop disturbance polygons utilizing ArcGIS.
- Coordinate approvals with stakeholders including attendance at coordination meetings and facilitate the establishment of separate meetings/communications as appropriate.
- Coordinate responses to project requests for information.
- Input into development of project schedules for approval requests.
- Prioritization of projects in liaison with key stakeholders.
- Provide project progress reports to project leads and other stakeholders.
- Adapt and communicate changes in approval requirements.
- Improvement projects.
What you need to bring:
- Experience in studies and construction projects.
- Ability to work autonomously, show initiative and be driven to achieve results.
- Proficiency in GIS software.
- Understanding of restrictions associated with Aboriginal cultural heritage.
- Excellent communication and stakeholder engagement skills.
- 4 plus years including government approvals experience desirable.
- Experience with mining companies in Pilbara desirable.
- Full Australian Working Rights
- Ability to pass medical screening
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Project Advisor to join a dynamic team and work on a range of challenging projects. The successful candidate will be rewarded with a salary of 65-80/hour + Super and the opportunity to work on a casual basis with a nominal 1-year duration, and an opportunity for extension.
- Perth-based, Monday – Friday, with adhoc travel to Pilbara
- Weekly pay
- Access to Brunel Employee Benefits
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Jasmine Wille is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use this number:
Brunel Energy Australia Perth