About this job
- Market: Life Sciences & Health Care
- Industry: Biotechnology
- Area of expertise: Safety
- Location: Alberta
What is required?
- Hours per week: 37.5
- Education level: Professional Courses
- Closing date: Thursday, March 16, 2023
About this role: Production Technician - Material Prep Fermentation
We are currently hiring a Production Technician - Material Prep Fermentation for our client. The incumbent will be responsible for producing veterinary biologics according to a defined production schedule following cGMP guidelines and specific Outlines of Production to meet market demands for Aquaculture products.
- Comply with safety requirements (PPE requirements-Respirator Wearing), cGMP, SOP, and manufacturing documentation
- Produce veterinary biologics according to their approved Outline of Product/Product Dossiers and to cGMP guidelines to meet market demand for the Aqua products
- Operate and maintain fermentation production instruments/equipment (scales, stir plates, autoclaves, isolators, conductivity/pH meters, and fume hoods) and operate within product specifications; cleaning, disinfecting and sterilizing equipment
- Weigh materials, rehydrate media, and complete solution preparation, disinfect/clean the isolator and complete isolator processes, assemble bottles, assemble liquids in bottles/feed filter assemblies, and tubing’s. Complete preparation of seed stocks
- Update/Review batch records, SOPs, qualification documents for fermentation operations
- Use SAP system for material consumption/Veeva/Equipment work orders and other local computerized systems used in production
- Responsible for raw inventory management
- Participate in the technology transfer and implementation of new processes to manufacturing
- Perform tasks under minimal supervision, and within tight timelines to meet production schedules
- Assist in the maintenance of production equipment as per manufacturer’s specifications and calibrate, validate, qualify, and perform preventative maintenance as per the validation schedule
- Maintain cleanliness of the production areas and assist in routine disinfection procedures, clean, and sterilize items used during the production activities, perform monthly EM’s and water/steam sampling
- Effectively investigate the events/observations that occur during production and troubleshoot issues arising in fermentation operations/processes
- Complete other duties as required
What you need to bring:
- A 2-year biotechnology diploma is required; a bachelor’s degree or post-Secondary education in a life science (e.g., Biochemistry, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Biology) is preferred
- 1-3 years of experience in the GMP bio-manufacturing industry
- Experience with fermentation in a cGMP manufacturing environment
- Experience in the preparation of standard operating procedures, preparation of batch records as per specific GMP requirements
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Outlines of Production, cGMP guidelines, and HSE regulations
- Experience performing investigations and writing deviations
- Intermediate/Expert computer skills using MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Thorough technical understanding of quality systems and regulatory requirements
- Willingness to assist in disinfection procedures involving hazardous chemicals requiring the use of a respirator
- Able to lift, move and maneuver small-medium sized equipment – up to 25lbs
- Able to stand for long periods of time, and perform frequent ladder or stair climbing
- Must be able to read, write, understand, and comply with appropriate standard operating procedures (SOPs)
What We Offer
Why apply through Brunel? Finding the next step in your career can be a fulltime job in itself. We manage the process for you: from submitting your resume to coordinating interviews to extending offers and assisting with on-boarding. We’ll get you going while you get on with the job.
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 45 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Melissa Rice is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use this number:
Brunel Canada - Calgary