About this job
- Market: Energy
- Industry: Oil & Gas
- Area of expertise: Project Management & Services
What is required?
- Hours per week: 40
- Education level: Other
- Closing date: Saturday, March 18, 2023
About this role: Procurement Specialist
Are you Looking for your next contract opportunity? Do you have a minimum of 5 years experience working as a Procurement Specialist or experience in a similar role? If yes, This could be the role for you! Our client, a High-Profile Global Organisation within the Energy Sector, has an exciting opportunity for a highly skilled Procurement Specialist to work within one of their Project Teams.
Start date:ASAPContract duration: 12 Months
Contract type: OnshoreLocation: Millan
This project Entity is a multinational joint venture, has a large social performance element and is Project financed by high profile lenders. You'll be Based in Milan during the Engineering, Procurement phase, remaining to secure contract management in the back office during constructionand Commissioning phase. Occasional short-term missions to Paris Office / Maputo / Afungi site are expected
What you Will be Doing:
- Mozambique LNG is a strategic project led by our client – order of magnitude cost of $18 billion
- Onshore facilities include 2 LNG trains (13 mtpa), LNG and Condensate storage, Marine Facilities (Jetty and loading facilities), Utilities andEarly Site Infrastructure (Resettlement Village, Security works, airport, permanent camps, and road)
- Implementation of all procedures associated to EPC Contract
- Monitoring tender strategies, recommendations, due diligence on awards and subcontract/procurement management plan
- Negotiations with EPC Contractor/ Subcontractors (Vendors & Suppliers) and assist Procurement Lead for Contractual/Commercialmatters and regarding disputed items on assessment of restart process or claims
- Ensuring performance and verification of the close-out of contractual amendments procurement workstream associated with the long term suspension (reconciliation of costs and Change Orders) including settlement of suspension Changes Orders for Procurement and Logistics workstreams
- Monitoring of all the all contractual / sub-contractual amendments associated with the resumption of the EPC Contract, documents andformal letters issued by the contracts and procurement team
- Ensure that all activities are executed in compliance with all project standards and procedures
- Supervises / coordinates allocated EPC Contract’s Procurement packages post PO execution by EPC Contractor (buyers, expeditors and Freight forwarding agents in the performance of their duties)
What you need to bring:
- Advanced Purchasing Technical Competencies required
- C&P tools advanced certification required
- Diploma: Engineer; Business school or equivalent.
- Professional experience: 10 years – mini. 5 years of experience in similar position
- Knowledge of Procurement and Freight and management in a project environment, in an international context
- Skills to manage EPC Contractors
- Problem solving and planning / organizing / coordinating / controlling / reporting.
- Languages: excellent command of English mandatory
This contract offers a competitive rate.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Ben Callander is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use this number:
Brunel Energy UK Manchester