About this job
- Market: Energy
- Industry: Oil & Gas
- Area of expertise: Project Management & Services
- Location: Saudi Arabia
What is required?
- Hours per week: 48
- Education level: Professional Bachelor
- Closing date: Friday, March 31, 2023
About this role: Process Safety Engineer
- We are seeking a Process Safety Engineer to join the Operational Compliance Group of the Northern Area Oil Operations’ (NAOO) Business Support Division;
- The Operational Compliance Group is responsible for providing expertise advise and support on Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) Management System support to NAOO management and Operations and Engineering Departments;
- The candidate will be responsible for developing, recommending, and implementing programs and procedures that will ensure recognition, measurement, evaluation, and control of potential major health and safety hazards associated with high pressure and high temperature hydrocarbon operations;
- The candidate shall provide NAOO operating facilities and supporting organizations with support on the latest industry health, safety and environmental best practices, codes, standards and government regulations to ensure protection of workers, environment and company assets;
- The candidate is expected to collaborate with Area and Corporate Loss Prevention, Fire Protection Departments Representatives, and Subject Matters Experts on technical matters related to safety, fire and loss prevention;
- Furthermore, the candidate may lead or participate in major loss and fire prevention studies covering (but not limited to) safety management, process safety reviews, fire prevention, quantitative risk analysis and behavioral safety to ensure minimization of losses and major accident prevention;
- In fulfilling the requirements of this position, the role holder would be required to occasionally visit NAOO offshore or onshore oil and gas processing facilities (including well-heads and flow lines) and associated facilities;
- Act as Subject Matters Expert (SME) on matters related to safety, loss prevention, environment, occupational health, compliance and operational excellence;
- Provide safety engineering expertise in the resolution of plant operations safety problems. Formulate and implement long-term strategies to improve safety operations and reduce costs;
- Participate in developing and promoting on or off-job safety educational programs, to address safety issues or concerns;
- Participate in or lead various safety reviews/studies, such as PHAs, HAZOPs, JSAs, incident investigations, loss prevention inspections and audits;
- Participate in standards reviews to ensure inclusion of requirements that are of practical benefit to field operations and maintenance in regard to safety and efficiency of the plants. Provide guidance on standards development through the technical review committee;
- Develop processes and procedures to comply with corporate standards and work closely with NAOO departments to implement these processes, measure implementation effectiveness and recommend further improvement solutions where required;
- Provide technical assistance and advice covering but not limited to safety management systems, process safety, fire prevention, quantitative risk analysis and behavioral safety to ensure minimization of losses and prevention of fires;
- Review plant designs and ensure compliance with prevailing standards and operational safety requirements. Review waiver requests for non-compliant designs and construction and provide technical advice for satisfactory resolution.
What you need to bring:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Sciences or related discipline from a recognized and accredited program/institution. A higher qualification (MS) is desirable;
- Professional membership and certification from reputable organization such as Certified Safety Professional (CSP), Chartered Institute of Occupational Safety and Health (CIOSH), Member, International Institute of Risk and Safety Management (MIIRSM), Certified Functional Safety Expert (CFSE) or Certified Functional Safety Professional (CFSP), etc. is desired. An experienced facilitator of qualitative and quantitative risk assessments (e.g., What-If, HAZOP, FMEA, SIL, BowTie, etc.) is recommended;
- Minimum of 12 years of relevant and practical experience in health, safety and environmental management, within the oil and gas industry. The experience should cover areas such as operations maintenance, plant engineering, safety program development, and process safety management;
- Knowledge of international codes and standards, engineering practices and principles, as well as industry fire codes and safety standards;
- Demonstrated leadership skills, excellent ability to communicate in technical English with peers as well as members of management;
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment and determined to overcome significant challenges.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Mohammad Shujat Qureshi is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use this number:
Mohammad Shujat Qureshi
Brunel Energy India Mumbai