Vacancy number • PUB406476
Brunel is seeking Process Operators to be part of our clients Operations team that is responsible for the safe and reliable operation of the units and equipment within their facility.
The successful candidate will be required to work on a rotating 12-hour schedule, including overtime as needed. The schedule consists of two-day shifts followed by two-night shifts, with a four-day break before the next day's shift.
About this role
- Maintain effective communications (i.e. shift change, intra-shift team).
- Draw samples as scheduled and test as required.
- Perform routine operating tasks (monitor levels, temperatures, pressures, etc.).
- Transfer chemicals to addition tanks. Monitor and adjust injection rates.
- Report data to be logged to Board Operator.
- Monitor operating areas for abnormal conditions, (i.e. mechanical or process-related).
- Perform equipment care and maintenance as required.
- Perform routine running maintenance.
- Perform basic troubleshooting.
- Assist with major equipment switches.
- Perform housekeeping and operational maintenance as assigned by the Shift Team Lead.
- Perform maintenance activities as required.
- Train in all aspects of emergency responsiveness, including fire-fighting, and responding when necessary.
- Progress through the PBP Production Technician levels as per CBA.
- Attend/participate in shift team meetings.
- Maintain current knowledge of ongoing operational/equipment status, through effective shift change communications, shift logs, etc.
- Add entries to “outside” shift log.\\Record units process readings and test results.
- Prepare and issue cold work permits as required (if qualified).
- Update/review/validate procedures.
What you need to bring:
- Previous experience in a manufacturing operations environment
- Chemical Engineering or Process Engineering Technology diploma
- Minimum Fourth-Class Stationary Engineering certification, with preference given to those with higher certification
- Demonstrated safety-consciousness.
- Must have the physical capabilities to safely perform all essential aspects/responsibilities of an operator’s position, including effective emergency response
- Demonstrated problem-solving/analytical skills
- Must possess a valid Driver’s License
- Must possess a positive attitude, be a self-starter with a willingness to become an integral part of a process Shift Team that functions in a dynamic environment
- As a condition of continued employment, the successful applicant must progress through the PBP Technician levels as per the CBA and achieve certification as a Second-Class Stationary Engineer
- DZ class license would be preferred
What We Offer
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Brunel provides the global recruitment and workforce services you need to lead your industry. With 45 years of market experience in Renewable Energy, Automotive, Oil & Gas, Life Sciences, Mining and Infrastructure, we help you finish major projects safely, compliantly, on-time, within budget and at the highest quality, so you can keep growing – anywhere in the world.
Are you ready for the next step in your career? Join Brunel’s powerful global network, where passionate, results-driven specialists come together with industry-leading clients. By connecting specialists to pioneering projects, we drive change in many industries, enabling growth and delivering great outcomes. Brunel helps you reach your full potential and empowers you to make an impact within a purpose-driven global company.
Explore your career opportunities!
At Brunel, we are proud of our unique corporate culture, which is shaped and nurtured by the collective efforts of our employees. Our work environment is characterised by an authentic, communicative and inclusive approach to teamwork that fosters an atmosphere of collaboration and creativity. Our values are at the center of everything we do – for our clients, our colleagues and ourselves.
Since 1975, our mission has always been to connect specialists to exciting career opportunities, to support the development of these careers, and to offer fair and equal employment. This has enabled us to create a truly sustainable and durable business model. Having a passion for people and caring deeply for the environment is not only part of Brunel’s DNA but is also reflected in our culture and values. As a global company, we take our social responsibility very seriously.
Join us on our mission!
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Cherie Taylor is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use this number: PUB406476