About this job
- Market: Energy
- Industry: Oil & Gas
- Area of expertise: Construction, Commissioning & Operations
- Location: Netherlands
What is required?
- Hours per week: 40
- Education level: Academic Bachelor
- Closing date: Friday, February 10, 2023
About this role: Principal Process Control Engineer (6599)
Kick-start the New Year with new challenges and experiences!
Brunel are delighted to present an opportunity for a suitably qualified and experienced Principal Process Control Engineer to join our client’s team on a permanent basis in Schiedam, The Netherlands.
In the role of Principal Process Control Engineer, you will be assigned to one of our Client’s challenging FPSO projects. You will work on process control and process safeguarding related deliverables and activities for the facility’s production and utility systems. You will be part of the Schiedam office Process discipline but, depending on the phase of the project, you will contribute to both Process as well as Instrumentation scope of work.
- Ensuring compliance with Group Technical Standards and Group Engineering Standards, corporate processes and work instructions as well as maintaining the quality of the deliverables and achievement of process discipline objectives
- Review of control loops on PFD and P&ID, review of Process Safeguarding Flow Diagrams
- Development of Process Control Philosophies, Hierarchical Shutdown Diagrams, Cause & Effect Diagrams and Alarm & Trip Settings List
- Writing of process control / process safeguarding narratives
- Review of vendor documents: P&ID, process control narratives, C&E Diagrams
- Participation in SIL Assessment Workshops and SIL Verification
- Participation in ICSS FAT / commissioning
- Plant commissioning and startup, including tuning of controllers (PID algorithms)
- Preparing estimates of process control scope for new proposals
- Development of PFD, Process Safeguarding Flow Diagrams, P&IDs, Cause & Effect Diagrams and Alarm & Trip Settings List
What you need to bring:
In order to succeed:
- A Bachelors or Master’s degree in Chemical Engineering
- +12 years of relevant Engineering experience in design of Oil & Gas production facilities and/or refinery units and a minimum of 10 years’ experience in process control
- Conversant with process dynamic simulation (HYSYS and/or UniSim) and Excel spreadsheets
- Knowledge of basic process controls like: Level Control, Feed Forward Control; Boiler and Fired Heater Control; Distillation Control; Compressor Control, etc.
- Familiar with design review methods, such as HAZOP, SIL Assessment, LOPA
- Knowledge of Functional Safety and IEC61511, preferably Certified Functional Safety engineer (TÜV Rheinland)
- Knowledge of Process Safeguarding systems and methods applied for Offshore Production Facilities as described in API-RP-14C is preferred
- Experience with ICSS on FPSO projects is preferred.
What’s on Offer:
- Highly competitive salary plus an annual bonus up to 12% of base salary
- Strong Pension Scheme
- Medical Insurances etc.,
- Highly supportive Relocation Package for the successful candidate and his/her family
- Professional development and an opportunity to carve out a career with a leading Oil & Gas player
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Sarah Lane is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use this number:
Brunel Energy UK Manchester