Vacancy number • PUB406554
We are currently hiring a Plant Manager for our client based in Etobicoke, for our client, a leading company in the meat industry. The Plant Manager will play a crucial role in overseeing the daily operations of the plant, warehouse and ensuring safety and efficiency in all activities. The Plant Manager will be responsible for managing operating costs within the annual budget forecast and overseeing the maintenance and production of the facility.
About this role
- Plan, organize, and execute processing and production operations to maintain optimal inventory levels, meet customer demands, and ensure product availability for all regions served.
- Develop and manage the annual operations plan and expense budget. Monitor production costs, yield, and variances. Identify process improvements and equipment upgrades to enhance profitability.
- Collaborate with the Procurement team to ensure timely supply deliveries. Monitor raw material and finished product stocks, optimizing inventory levels.
- Coordinate orders to meet customer requirements.
- Lead and mentor processing plant employees, ensuring adherence to HR policies, safety training, and performance standards.
- Oversee equipment maintenance, working closely with the maintenance team to enhance equipment reliability and minimize downtime.
- Champion a safety-first approach across all operations, ensuring compliance with health and safety policies and legislative requirements. Implement disaster recovery plans.
- Support food safety programs, certifications, and quality standards. Collaborate with the Director of Food Safety & Quality Assurance to ensure adherence.
- Maintain regular contact with procurement, sales, marketing, and regulatory personnel.
- Address quality testing results and customer feedback promptly.
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement, using data-driven decisions and Lean/Six Sigma methodologies to enhance operations.
What you need to bring:
- 10+ years' experience as a Plant Manager or equivalent in food processing or manufacturing, ideally in the meat industry.
- Proficiency in root cause analysis and problem-solving.
- Commitment to safety, food safety, and continuous improvement.
- Continuous Improvement Certification (e.g., Lean, Six Sigma Green/Black Belt, PMP).
What We Offer
Why apply through Brunel? Finding the next step in your career can be a full-time job in itself. We manage the process for you: from submitting your resume to coordinating interviews to extending offers and assisting with onboarding. We’ll get you going while you get on with the job
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 45 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
Are you ready for the next step in your career? Join Brunel’s powerful global network, where passionate, results-driven specialists come together with industry-leading clients. By connecting specialists to pioneering projects, we drive change in many industries, enabling growth and delivering great outcomes. Brunel helps you reach your full potential and empowers you to make an impact within a purpose-driven global company.
Explore your career opportunities!
At Brunel, we are proud of our unique corporate culture, which is shaped and nurtured by the collective efforts of our employees. Our work environment is characterised by an authentic, communicative and inclusive approach to teamwork that fosters an atmosphere of collaboration and creativity. Our values are at the center of everything we do – for our clients, our colleagues and ourselves.
Since 1975, our mission has always been to connect specialists to exciting career opportunities, to support the development of these careers, and to offer fair and equal employment. This has enabled us to create a truly sustainable and durable business model. Having a passion for people and caring deeply for the environment is not only part of Brunel’s DNA but is also reflected in our culture and values. As a global company, we take our social responsibility very seriously.
Join us on our mission!
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Stephanie Kandic is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use this number: PUB406554