About this job
- Market: Energy
- Industry: Oil & Gas
- Area of expertise: Engineering & Design
- Location: Perth
What is required?
- Hours per week: 40
- Education level: Professional Bachelor
- Closing date: Saturday, April 1, 2023
About this role: Phase 2C - Lead Commissioning Engineer
On behalf of our client, one of the world’s great energy production corporations, we are looking for a Lead Commissioning Engineer to contribute to the successful delivery of Phase 2C Brownfields and Greenfield Projects.
The role involves direct supervision of the Commissioning Implementation Team inclusive of onshore and offshore Brownfield and Greenfield projects for the day to day delivery of project execution.
- Lead commissioning teams to ensure projects are delivered to a high level of quality, on time and on budget.
- Support the Commissioning Manager and Project Manager with the management and coordination of contractors including safety, quality performance, cost and performance delivery.
- Support the site based teams with the delivery of executed scopes of work inclusive of fully compliant commissioning and start-up plans, procedures, check sheets and records.
- Coordination and planning of commissioning activities including identification of resource loading for both Company and contractors.
- Ensure project deliverables and activities associated with the commissioning design are achieved in accordance with project milestone dates, budget and technical requirements of BOD.
- Assist in identifying new project risks and implement agreed mitigation measures as required.
- Ensure interface requirements for commissioning are clearly defined and progressed in a timely manner.
- Ensure commissioning requirements are incorporated in the design and validation of the deliverables.
- Work with Company contractors to support the definition and implementation of commissioning requirements within the package testing and delivery program.
- Ensure the implementation of the OPERCOM process or similar commissioning / completion system through all stages of testing and commissioning.\
- Support the development of the documentation and sign off of certification requirements throughout the pre-commissioning and commissioning activities to support the OPERCOM methodology.Management of third-party contractors as required.
What you need to bring:
- Tertiary Engineering Degree (Process or Chemical or Mechanical).
- Extensive experience in the Oil & Gas industry, with at least ten years in a process/mechanical (rotating) engineering discipline.
- Recent & relevant experience delivering/commissioning process/compression systems.Valid MSIC Card.
- Strong understanding of project execution management systems including commercial, planning and budgeting processes.
- Working knowledge of upstream and downstream facility technologies - offshore processing facilities, FPSO, pipelines, LNG facilities, and Carbon Capture and Storage.
- Highly competent, motivated person with good interpersonal and influencing skills.
- Able to diplomatically manage ambiguity, conflict and uncertainty in a culturally diverse environment.
- High awareness of safe working practices associated with design, construction, precommissioning, installation, hook-up and commissioning of oil & gas facilities.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written and the ability to influence a wide range of senior stakeholders to successfully support the objectives and outcomes of this role.Well-developed leadership and decision-making skills.
- Perth based with Travel to site (occasionally)
- Initially 12-month contract likely to be extended for a second year
- Facilities: Onshore & Offshore Ichthys facilities
- Department: Phase 2C – Projects
- Roster: Monday to Friday – 8 hours per day - With flexible work Arrangments
- Competitive rates
Brunel is a recruitment and flexible workforce solution provider which connects talented people with opportunities throughout Australasia and around the world. We specialise in highly skilled roles across a variety of technical, professional, trades and craft disciplines, pairing candidates with industry-leading projects and organisations on a contract, permanent or secondment basis.Operating in Australasia since 2001, Brunel has major bases of operation in Perth, Sydney, Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly global network spanning over 40 countries, 120 offices and 45 years of successful operation.Brunel is proud to be equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and female candidates.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Yamila Cabral is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use this number:
Brunel Energy Australia Perth