About this job
- Market: Energy
- Industry: Oil & Gas
- Area of expertise: Project Management & Services
- Location: Perth
What is required?
- Hours per week: 40
- Education level: Academic Bachelor
- Closing date: Sunday, April 2, 2023
About this role: Phase 2 Senior Instrumentation Engineer
On behalf of our client, one of the world’s great energy production corporations, we are currently looking for a Senior Instrument Engineer.
The scope of work for the integration of Instrument Phase 2 scopes with existing CPF facilities and the BCM involves delivering the Phase 2 project within budget and schedule, ensuring safety, quality, reliability, operability, and maintainability for its 40-year lifespan.
The role requires leading the I&C detail engineering and procurement scope, developing work packs, managing installations, and evaluating bids and POs for the Instrument discipline equipment. Additionally, the role involves minimizing offshore work, ensuring safe and timely implementation, and integrating Instrumentation with existing facilities. Overall, the goal is to seamlessly integrate the Phase 2 expansion with existing facilities while meeting all project requirements.
- Promote safe working practices and act as a leader for HSE.
- Support HSE reviews of the define phase.
- Incorporate HSE as a pillar of the control system integration design.
- Ensure compliance with Australian Safety Case requirements and minimize environmental impact.
- Report progress, issues, and hold-ups to Topside Engineering Manager
Delivery of Phase 2 - Instrument Scope:
- Define the scope of work for integration of Instrumentation within the Phase 2 scope
- Lead the Instrument team to develop engineering and procurement documentation.
- Input to EPC Scope & Brownfields project execution strategy.
- Ensure safe integration of Instrumentation with existing facilities.
- Ensure design changes are managed and closed out.
- Assist construction in preparation of CPF modification work packages.
- Ensure interfaces with other teams are reviewed and approved.
- Participate in technical and assurance reviews.
- Provide necessary support and liaison with key internal stakeholders.
- Travel between locations to provide necessary support.
- Report technical problems and provide support for resolution.
- Prepare technical reports and provide presentations.
- Participate in workshops such as HAZID, HAZOP, LOPA, etc.
- Assist in identifying project risks and implementing mitigation measures.
Cost Reduction Initiatives:
- Effectively engage in business cost reduction initiatives.
What you need to bring:
- Applicable Engineering qualifications in Electrical, Instrumentation and/or Automation.
- LNG Plant experience would be beneficial
- Extensive experience in design, manufacture, testing, installation, precommissioning andcommissioning of Instrument & Control Systems integration within the Oil and Gas industry.
- Experience with large production facilities, working offshore in hook-up and precommissioningactivities and Brownfield’s integration with live facilities.
- Recent and relevant experience in delivering Instrument & Control System, involvement in Phase 1and / or Phase 2 Instrument & Controls scope is highly desirable
- Be able to prepare reports and presentations to a high standard summarizing status, issue, andrecommendation
- Excellent communication and written skills and ability to work with different disciplines andcultures.
- Managing a 3rd party contractor to do FEED and detailed design
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- 12 month contract with the view to extend
- Flexible work arrangements
- Excellent rates
- Perth based
- Phase 2 Project
Brunel is a recruitment and flexible workforce solution provider which connects talented people with opportunities throughout Australasia and around the world. We specialise in highly skilled roles across a variety of technical, professional, trades and craft disciplines, pairing candidates with industry-leading projects and organisations on a contract, permanent or secondment basis.
Operating in Australasia since 2001, Brunel has major bases of operation in Perth, Sydney, Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly global network spanning over 40 countries, 120 offices and 45 years of successful operation.
Brunel is proud to be equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and female candidates.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Yamila Cabral is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use this number:
Brunel Energy Australia Perth