About this job
- Market: Energy
- Industry: Oil & Gas
- Area of expertise: Health, Safety, Environmental & Quality
- Location: Joffre
What is required?
- Hours per week: 40
- Education level: Secondary School
- Closing date: Sunday, April 2, 2023
About this role: Occupational Health Nurse
We are seeking a casual Occupational Health Nurse to join our Occupational Health and Hygiene Team located at our Joffre site in Central Alberta, near Red Deer. Reporting to the Occupational Health and Hygiene Coordinator, this position will apply nursing practices and principles in an ethical manner to contribute to the health of workers in all occupations through health promotion; health protection; treatment of injury/illness, and management of disability. This is done through policies, programs, and initiatives.
Duration: 12 months
- Provide a broad application of Occupational Health practice in accordance with company Responsible Care standards and all applicable regulations including, OSHA, WCB, and Alberta Occupational Health and Safety Code.
- Manage and treat workplace injury and illness including WCB reporting, and development of modified work plans as appropriate in collaboration with the business.
- Conduct fitness to work on employees as needed and pre-placement fitness to work assessments.
- Implement site programs, procedures and initiatives for prevention, recognition and treatment of illness and injury.
- Provide technical support to site emergency response planning including hands on medical emergency response, crisis management.
- Establish and maintain confidential employee health records.
- Facilitate disability case management by coordinating health care and early intervention to promote the safe and timely return to work of ill or injured employees.
- Available for shiftwork (nights and weekends)
What you need to bring:
- Nursing diploma and/or BScN degree with 8+ years related practical experience (including medical emergency response) and holds a current CRNA license
- Certification in Occupational Health Nursing (COHN) would be an asset
- Previous experience working in an Occupational Health setting/ environment is an asset
- Current CPR/AED certification and Advanced ITLS or Advanced First Aid certification
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work independently and be strong team player
- Proficient in computer skills (Microsoft Office, Cority, SharePoint)
What We Offer
Why apply through Brunel? Finding the next step in your career can be a fulltime job in itself. We manage the process for you: from submitting your resume to coordinating interviews to extending offers and assisting with on-boarding. We’ll get you going while you get on with the job.
Anything Else?About UsBrunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 45 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Alyssa McLaren is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use this number:
Brunel Canada - Calgary