About this job
- Market: Energy
- Industry: Oil & Gas
- Area of expertise: Engineering & Design
- Location: Qatar
What is required?
- Hours per week: 40
- Education level: Academic Bachelor
- Closing date: Tuesday, January 31, 2023
About this role: MTBE Process Technician
Brunel is a global provider of flexible workforce solutions and expertise, connecting specialists with clients across the globe. We deliver innovative services like Recruitment (people, talent, and training), Logistics (global mobility and travel), Technical Services (project support and setup) and Consultancy to our clients both globally and locally;
Brunel is now present in 40+ countries with over 12,000+ specialists, 120+ offices worldwide, and close to €1 billion (Revenue 2021).
- Maintain process stability at all times by close surveillance of operating conditions, reporting all abnormal conditions to Shift Engineer and take quick and decisive actions in emergencies (e.g. equipment failures or process deviations ) following SOP and work instructions;
- Review with outgoing process technician the previous shift activities: how the unit operated during the shift, abnormal parameters if any, log sheets, isolations, etc;
- Check readings and alarms on the field instruments / local panel and report abnormalities or deviations to Control Room and Shift Engineer for advice and further action;
- Isolate and prepare equipments for maintenance jobs as per conditions of work permit;
- Perform minor maintenance activities such as lubricating accessible rotating equipments and cleaning strainers (below 15 CM);
- Receive chemicals and unload LCO road tankers. Collect samples of raw materials / intermediate products / final products for lab test to ensure quality;
- Lead field troubleshooting and special tasks such as start up and shut down, isolations, catalyst / adsorbant loading / unloading, unloading of spent catalyst / adsorbant etc. through controlling activities within specific work area;
- Solve problems in immediate area of operation with the extensive all-round knowledge of MTBE complex process operations;
- Technical Knowledge: Demonstrated technical and working knowledge of the following significant activities related to MTBE production: a) Isomerisation process, b) De-hydrogenation process, c) Cold separation process, d) MTBE synthesis, e) High / medium pressure steam generation, f) CCR operation, g) Operation of large capacity compressors, turbines, pumps, h) LOTO of electrical equipments;
- Teamwork & cooperation: Demonstrates positive approach to building team spirit. Interacts as a team player with very little guidance and prompting. Carries out own job functions in alignment with overall team objectives. Effective team member. Helps others by being flexible and adaptable. Independently adopts team ideas as they apply to own work functions. Carries out own job functions with sufficient flexibility to allow other team members to achieve their team objectives. Supports other team members and makes effective use of available talent. Generally helps and supports other team members as required with very little inducement. Carries out own job functions by interacting with and utilising the talents of other team members as necessary;
- Communication: Effectively able to communicate in spoken and written English. Has an ability to coach and train others in one-on-one situation;
- Organizing ability: Remains effective under pressure, responds to instructions as required during crisis situations, refers any job related crisis situation to supervisor for guidance. Understands range of potential risks and takes appropriate actions by following established rules and procedures, avoids most job related risks with limited supervision, manages most risks associated with own job by following established procedures.
What you need to bring:
- Secondary School Certificate. Technical Diploma from a recognized institute is preferred.
- 7 years’ relevant plant operational experience as field process technician in a large MTBE or MTBE related petrochemicals plant. Experience should include training in and exposure to the following areas of plant operations: Butamer & PSA, Oleflex (including cold box), CCR unit, MTBE synthesis, ORU, CSP unit and OSBL including storage spheres.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Dhirendra Singh is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use this number:
Brunel Energy Qatar Doha