Medical Science Liaison
Vacancy number • PUB406506
We are hiring for a Medical Science Liaison for our client, a leading global biopharmaceutical company specializing in the development and commercialization of small molecule therapies for the treatment of central nervous system (CNS) diseases. Working remotely in the Western Region of Canada, the successful candidate will play a pivotal role in building strong relationships with key opinion leaders (KOLs), healthcare professionals, and internal stakeholders while providing expert scientific support for our CNS portfolio of small molecule therapies.
About this role
- Cultivate strong relationships with healthcare professionals (HCPs) and offer them reliable, impartial scientific information about the products, ongoing research, and product development. This involves recognizing the challenges they face in patient care.
- Collaborate with essential internal stakeholders to devise and implement dynamic territory plans, taking into account the specific molecule, its life cycle, and the therapeutic area.
- Serve as an authority in the therapeutic area and product knowledge, demonstrated by staying current with pertinent literature, participating in scientific gatherings, engaging in internal therapeutic area training, and collecting competitive intelligence about other products in the same therapeutic field.
- Aid in organizing internal training and communication initiatives involving the medical team, brand team, and territory managers, including participation in advisory board meetings with HCPs.
- Promote the sharing of knowledge, encompassing profiling key opinion leaders (KOLs) and research sites, gathering valuable insights, and educating both internally and externally.
- Collaborate with the medical affairs team to identify potential investigators and research projects, potentially supporting investigator-initiated trials, identifying suitable study sites, devising recruitment strategies, and cooperating with clinical operations.
What you need to bring:
- Medical, Pharmacy, or Scientific degree, ideally with a dissertation in neuroscience
- Deep knowledge of key MSL activities and processes, with a minimum of 3-5 years of experience in a similar role, ideally with the area of neuroscience
- Diversified product launch experience
- Experience working with physicians in hospitals, as well as other thought leaders (GPs, educational institutions, etc)
- Professional experience within the pharmaceutical industry and ability to participate in productive scientific dialogue with KOLs and researchers
- Willing to travel within territory and head office as required (around 40% travel)
- Able to function in a highly regulated environment and to adhere to all external and internal guidelines and standard operating procedures (SOPs), while responding to a variety of questions and requests from HCPs.
What We Offer
Why apply through Brunel? Finding the next step in your career can be a fulltime job in itself. We manage the process for you: from submitting your resume to coordinating interviews to extending offers and assisting with on-boarding. We’ll get you going while you get on with the job.
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 45 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
Are you ready for the next step in your career? Join Brunel’s powerful global network, where passionate, results-driven specialists come together with industry-leading clients. By connecting specialists to pioneering projects, we drive change in many industries, enabling growth and delivering great outcomes. Brunel helps you reach your full potential and empowers you to make an impact within a purpose-driven global company.
Explore your career opportunities!
At Brunel, we are proud of our unique corporate culture, which is shaped and nurtured by the collective efforts of our employees. Our work environment is characterised by an authentic, communicative and inclusive approach to teamwork that fosters an atmosphere of collaboration and creativity. Our values are at the center of everything we do – for our clients, our colleagues and ourselves.
Since 1975, our mission has always been to connect specialists to exciting career opportunities, to support the development of these careers, and to offer fair and equal employment. This has enabled us to create a truly sustainable and durable business model. Having a passion for people and caring deeply for the environment is not only part of Brunel’s DNA but is also reflected in our culture and values. As a global company, we take our social responsibility very seriously.
Join us on our mission!
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Cristiano Forezli is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use this number: PUB406506