About this job
- Market: Life Sciences & Health Care
- Industry: Pharmaceutical
- Area of expertise: Medical
- Location: Ontario
What is required?
- Hours per week: 37.5
- Education level: Academic Master +
- Closing date: Friday, March 24, 2023
About this role: Medical Information Manager
We are currently hiring a Medical Information Manager (MIM) for our client, who is a global biopharmaceutical leader with a focus on innovation and specialty care. The company is dedicated to improving lives through innovative medicines in oncology, neuroscience, and rare disease.
The MIM is responsible for leading the local medical information processes and activities. The main responsibility of the role is to develop and update local information content regarding the company’s products to appropriately respond to unsolicited medical information requests on a non-promotional basis. The Medical Information Manager is a member of the affiliate medical affairs department and will be working in the company’s head office in Mississauga and reports to the Head of Medical Affairs, Canada.
- Lead person accountable for the medical information processes in Canada
- Develops and writes medical letter responses for medical and scientific inquiries for the company and pipeline products on a non-promotional basis, as appropriate
- Develops and updates local medical information content [Customized Response Documents (CRDs), Standard Response Documents (SRDs) and FAQs] that is accurate, current, fair-balanced, and of high quality.
- Maintain current familiarity of published medical literature relating to the company’s products
- Acts as the primary contact for the company’s Medical Information Call Center in responding to escalated queries that require a custom literature search and/or response
- Logs within MISTRAL (Medical Information System for Tracking Repository and Logging), Medical Information Requests (MIR) for pre-approved nonpromotional materials (e.g., slide kits) or publications that are received directly by members of the medical affairs team and where it is intended that the medical team member will personally respond to the request
- Handles, identifies, obtains pertinent data, and forwards adverse events (AEs) and product quality complaints (PQCs) to the company Call Centre in accordance with policy and procedures
- Sourcing pre-approved non-promotional materials from within MISTRAL and publications to ensure a clear audit trail from receipt to handling of the MIR
- Uploads all created materials (CRDs, SRDs and FAQs), submits and tracks Medical Information content in Veeva system, for Medical Review Committee (MRC) review/approval
- Uploads approved medical information content, enclosures, cover letters in MISTRAL (IRMS Medical Information database)
- Supports end users with the use of the MISTRAL system as needed (or delegated)
- Maintains and updates local CRDs, SRDs and FAQs in accordance with the Medical Information SOP
- Provides support as needed by the Medical Affairs team through participation in clinical data presentations (e.g., during Lunch & Learn sessions) on company’s products or therapeutic areas
- Trains the company’s Call Centre on medical information content (medical information letters, FAQs, etc.).
- Creates and maintains updated MISTRAL tables and lists (i.e., field personnel and user lists, product tables)
- Creates MI reports to be shared with the cross functional team
- Acts as a MISTRAL Super User as appropriate
- Maintains local Representative and User lists, with appropriate access assignment; validates or rejects access requests opened in the company’s Access Management (IAM)
- Transmits incidents or requests for system change to the MISTRAL support team and IT
- Supports end users with the use of MISTRAL system as needed
- Participates in coverage for escalated MI inquiry management after business hours
- Completes all assigned SOPs and training within designated timeframe and adheres to job-specific SOPs and work instructions
- Complies with all laws, regulations and policies that govern the conduct of the company’s staff along with Innovative Medicines Canada guidance
What you need to bring:
- Undergraduate Scientific degree required. Post Graduate degree is an asset (e.g., MSc, MD, PhD, PharmD)
- 4+ years of Drug Information experience in pharmaceutical industry required
- Experience with IRMS (Medical Information system/database for content management) is a strong asset
- Relevant therapeutic background (Oncology, Neurology, Rare Diseases, Endocrinology) is a strong asset
- Proficient in conducting medical literature database searches
- Proficient in medical writing, ability to critically research, analyze, interpret, and translate complex scientific information into medical communications, and to summarize clinical evidence
- Ability to create medical information response documents that are accurate, current, scientifically fair-balanced, and of high quality
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in MS Office applications
- Technical aptitude for learning new systems and databases
- Customer Focus - dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers
- Strong organizational and management skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks
- Ability to work independently, as a team player and cross-functionally
- Results and solutions-oriented and has a proven track record of success
- Bilingualism (English and French) is a strong asset
What We Offer
Why apply through Brunel? Finding the next step in your career can be a fulltime job in itself. We manage the process for you: from submitting your resume to coordinating interviews to extending offers and assisting with on-boarding. We’ll get you going while you get on with the job.
Anything Else?About UsBrunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 45 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Angelina Brathwaite is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use this number:
Brunel Canada - Toronto