About this job
- Market: Energy
- Industry: Oil & Gas
- Area of expertise: Health, Safety, Environmental & Quality
- Location: Papua New Guinea
What is required?
- Hours per week: 84
- Education level: Professional Bachelor
- Closing date: Monday, May 15, 2023
About this role: Maritime and Operations Support Superintendent
Brunel Papua New Guinea are seeking a Maritime and Operations Support Superintendent to work with one of the largest energy companies in the world, who have assets in Oil & Gas, LNG and Renewable energy.
Reporting into the Security Advisor and you will always act in the best interests of our client, whilst adhering to Company and Affiliate Policies. Demonstrate personal commitment to HSSE and to the values and principles of the Code of Conduct. Maintain and safeguard confidential files, documents, and records as they relate to Company operations.
Activities of the role:
- Assists and supports the Security Advisor for all PNG, Port Moresby and outlying operations
- Responsible for Maritime security activities and Port facility security requirements
- Develop, implement Maritime security plan
- Establish information networks essential to Maritimes Operations, liaising with key stakeholders, Police command, Intelligence networks and industry-based colleagues to provide current and relevant information for Senior Management
- Maintain timely communications with Senior Management of incidents or developments that mayresult in personal injuries, interference with operations or that may cause property loss
- Provide recommendations to the Security Advisor to protect company's personnel and its assets, to minimize exposure to security or other related risks
- Identify security technical solutions and relevant processes to improve security efficiency
- Provides guidance and support to other department’s personnel, contractor personnel and visitors,being a conduit for Security Management to ensure open and timely communications
- Deliver security briefings, inductions and training as required
- Implement, manage, oversee, and review training in relation maritime activities, Voluntary Principles on Security and Human Rights (VPSHR) to ensure personnel, Contractors, Governmentsecurity forces and visitors are aligned and comply
- Prepares weekly reports and any other ad-hoc reports when requested by the management
- Interface with community leaders and members of those communities providing proactive information on security activities that support operations within their areas
- Performs regular Service Quality Meeting (SQM) with contractors
- Act as Team Commander during any security related crisis as per Contingency Plans in his perimeter
What you need to bring:
- Tertiary qualification in security and risk management
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in security, law enforcement or military operations
- Minimum 5 years Supervision experience in security operations with multi facet teams in resource orindustrial sectors
- Knowledge of international ship and port facility security (ISPS) code
- Possess strong influencing and negotiation skills and the ability to develop and maintain constructiverelationships with management, team members, peers, Government Security Forces, and other external agencies
- Fluent in written & Spoken English, French is an advantage
- Demonstrate strong conceptual skills, and capable of developing lateral and practical solutions
- Manage multiple projects and tasks at the same time
- Maintain records, and prepare reports and correspondence related to the security risks, crimes, and incidents
- FIFO rotational role
- Flights to and from Point of Hire
- International Medical Cover
- Day Rate for work and travel
Brunel is a recruitment and flexible workforce solution provider which connects talented people with opportunities throughout Papua New Guinea. We specialise in highly skilled roles across a variety of technical, professional, trades and craft disciplines, pairing candidates with industry-leading projects and organisations on a contract or permanent.
Operating in Papua New Guinea since 2008, Brunel has their major bases in Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly global network spanning 44 countries, 100 offices and 45 years of successful operation.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Wilfred Kochannek is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use this number:
Brunel Energy Australia Brisbane