About this job
- Market: Energy
- Industry: Mining
- Area of expertise: Engineering & Design
- Location: Vaughan
What is required?
- Hours per week: 40
- Education level: Professional Bachelor
- Closing date: Sunday, February 19, 2023
About this role: Lead Structural Engineer
Our client, one of the leading providers of mining services and solutions is looking for a Lead Structural Engineer, The Lead will be responsible for conceptualizing, planning, coordinating, and executing parts of the projects requiring the application of advanced technical knowledge and structural engineering experience.
- Leads a team of engineers and designers in the structural design of elements required for the sinking of mine shafts, including headframes, sinking stages, hoisting, and rigging plans, shaft liner forms, and hoist set-ups.
- Oversees the design, engineering, development, and review of plans and criteria for a variety of activities, and assesses the feasibility of proposed plans, projects, and equipment.
- Participates in the planning and creation of drawings and designs involving detailed analysis and design of structural steelwork, reinforced concrete, masonry, timber, and building systems.
- Determines structural specifications, materials, equipment, and scope. Investigates and resolve problems as they relate to structural engineering and create unique designs and concepts to handle difficult engineering demands.
- Evaluates and review all engineering work before being released including designs, drawings, code, and integration with other disciplines.
- Ensure design compliance with relevant engineering standards and codes, as well as internal QA/QC procedures, for own work and the work of the Structural Engineering Team
- Carries out structural audits, evaluates the condition of existing structures, and assesses requirements for repair and rehabilitation. Conducts site visits and liaises with clients and site personnel as required.
- Delegates workload to subordinates, determines priorities and provides advice and assistance as required. Develops technical expertise of assigned staff and assists personnel in other disciplines in achieving objectives.
- Takes responsibility for aspects of occupational health and safety, and environmental matters.
- Demonstrate commitment to the continued improvement of Occupational Health, Safety, and Environment
What you need to bring:
- Candidate must have a minimum of 15 years of structural design experience (shaft sinking equipment, headframes, hoisting equipment, conveyances)
- Must be registered as a Professional Engineer (min. 10 yrs. in North America)
- Must understand mining codes and standards, principles, theories, practices, and applications in the use of modern engineering
- Must have experience leading a team of engineers and designers in a shaft-sinking project
- Have intimate knowledge of 3D environment
- Have strong oral and written English communication skills
What We Offer
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 45 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Norka Thompson is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use this number:
Brunel Canada - Calgary