About this job
- Market: Energy
- Industry: Oil & Gas
- Area of expertise: Drilling, Completions & Geosciences
- Location: Annandale
What is required?
- Hours per week: 40
- Education level: Other
- Closing date: Tuesday, April 25, 2023
About this role: Laboratory Technician III - Clinton, NJ
Brunel Energy is working with a major Oil and Gas company, looking to hire a Laboratory Technician III to support business from their Clinton, NJ campus for a 1-year contract.
Support/assist the lab supervisors/chemists by performing routine and non-routine laboratory analysis/wet chemistry on product and in-process samples, to support plant operations for the purpose of quality assurance/control. Perform calibration and maintenance of test equipment. Prepare samples and ensure accurate data generation and records, in accordance with the standard operating procedures. Utilize analytical instruments to address quality assurance/control issues. Prepare chemical stock solutions and reagents, as well as set preparation standards. Minimal work direction needed and is highly skilled and knowledgeable to the position.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Experience with LIMS to compile and enter all data obtained from tests
- Maintain a clean and safe lab by doing regular housekeeping and LPSAs (Loss Prevention Self Assessments)
- Participate in TMAs (Test Method Assessments) and LPOs (Loss Prevention Observations) to ensure correct and safe test procedures
- Prepare laboratory equipment to conduct test
- Troubleshoot machines and/or redo analyses when test are OCC-out of control
- Perform various tests on different Fuel type, jet fuel, Gasoline and Diesel to ensure it is ready for downstream products.
What you need to bring:
- Polytechnic graduate with the background in Chemistry
- Previous experience in quality control systems
- Experience in gas chromatography, mass spectrometry and liquid chromatography
- Knowledge or previous mechanical experience is considered an advantage
Why work through Brunel? We start with competitive rates, a comprehensive benefits package and a safe on-boarding process. With our industry insights and recruiter expertise, we are supporting projects and clients worldwide. With Brunel you gain experience and expertise, building on your skills and developing your career further.
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 45 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services. Join us today.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Marianna Rodrigues is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use this number:
Brunel Brazil - Rio de Janeiro