About this job
- Market: Energy
- Industry: Mining
- Area of expertise: Exploration & Geosciences
- Location: Vancouver
What is required?
- Hours per week: 40
- Education level: Professional Bachelor
- Closing date: Sunday, March 12, 2023
About this role: Junior Mine Geologist
Our client is a BC-based exploration and development company focused on various projects. They have just completed construction & commissioning and are moving on to the next phase.
The successful candidate will manage and execute internal geological, operations, and scheduling duties in the extraction and concentration of gold-bearing veins exploited from the project.
- Work within the Company’s framework of the Environmental, Health and Safety, and Community
- Relation policy and procedure.
- Assist in the design and execution of all ongoing mine operations and planning.
- Assist in the exploitation of the Company’s Gold Project open pit operation. This includes but is not limited to ore control, crushing, ore sorting applications, and operations planning at the project.
- Work with and give ore control direction to the on-site mining contractor.
- Monitor and collect ML/ARD samples and give location direction to mitigate effects.
- Compliant reports
- Assist in presentations as requested by Sr. Geologist/Sr. Engineer
- Project management
- In concert with the Project staff; assist in the management, development, and execution of the onsite project management where applicable.
- Corporate Budget
- Assist Sr. Geologist/Sr. Engineer in assembling the site operating budget as required
- Other Duties
- Perform assignments as requested by the Sr. Geologist/Sr. Engineer and/or designate
What you need to bring:
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a mining and/or mineral resource project.
- University Degree or Mining Technology Diploma in geology, geological engineering, or mining engineering
- Professional Engineering/Geologist Designation is not a prerequisite
- Experience with underground mines (asset)
- Working knowledge of MineSight software’s (asset)
- Advanced level in ore modeling, ore control, and Microsoft Office Suite
- Self-motivated with excellent organizational skills and the ability to multi-task
What We Offer
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 45 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Alyssa McLaren is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use this number:
Brunel Canada - Calgary