About this job
- Market: Energy
- Industry: Renewable Energy
- Area of expertise: Science & Technology
- Location: Kanas City
What is required?
- Hours per week: 40
- Education level: Professional Bachelor
- Closing date: Sunday, April 2, 2023
About this role: IT Support Specialist
Our client in the renewable energy is looking for a highly motivated, technical proficient, team-oriented IT Support Specialist to join their team permanently in Kansas City, Missouri. As an IT Support specialist, you’d be responsible for installing and configuring software and operating systems, as well for their workstations, network devices and other IT equipment across the US.
- Install and configure software and operating systems.
- Install and configure user workstations, network devices, and other IT equipment
- Perform regular system administration tasks including backups, software patches and upgrades, system monitoring, and directory services administration
- Provide technical assistance and support to users
- Perform work according to defined ITSM processes including change management, knowledge management, and asset management
- Maintain inventory of IT equipment
- Assist with purchasing of IT equipment and software
- Research and find solutions to technical problems
- Contact manufacturer and vendor support when required to resolve technical issues
- Create and maintain technical documentation
- Any additional IT-related tasks required
What you need to bring:
- 2+ years of experience in a help desk support role
- 4-year degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or another related field. Equivalent work experience is acceptable in lieu of degree
- Ability to effectively problem solve and troubleshoot PC and other technical problems
- Strong writing, communication, and interpersonal skills (phone calls and grammar)
- Microsoft Windows (client) – includes imaging, deployment, and device management
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Personal computer hardware (Dell preferred)
- IT Service Management systems
- Windows Server Roles – Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, Group Policy
- Microsoft 365 and Office 365 experience is required.
- Mobile Device Management (MDM)
- Foundational networking
- Scripting and programming competency (Python, PowerShell, .NET, or others)
- Experience in Energy companies is an asset
What We Offer
Why apply through Brunel? Finding the next step in your career can be a fulltime job in itself. We manage the process for you: from submitting your resume to coordinating interviews to extending offers and assisting with on-boarding. We’ll get you going while you get on with the job.
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 45 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Clemens Snoeijer is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use this number:
Brunel Canada - Toronto