About this job
- Market: Life Sciences & Health Care
- Industry: Biotechnology
- Area of expertise: Project Management & Services
- Location: ACT
What is required?
- Hours per week: 40
- Education level: Other
- Closing date: Thursday, February 9, 2023
About this role: Irrigation Manager
Brunel has partnered with a key Australian organisation with a depth of experience in owning, developing and operating Australian farmland, agriculture infrastructure and other assets. They are currently developing a number of macadamia orchards in the Fitzroy region in QLD and are looking for an experienced Irrigation Manager to oversee and deliver their irrigation systems across three orchards.
This is a great opportunity to work with a dynamic organisation that are in constant growth phase. It offers an opportunity to step up to the next level in your career.
This role will suit someone experienced in the operation and management of pressurised irrigation systems, automation irrigation with a proven understanding of tree crops.
Responsibilities will include:-
- Provide irrigation expertise with the irrigation systems design and installation.
- Monitor water account balances and requirements from various users.
- Manage and control automation systems.
- Provide guidance to orchard managers on irrigation requirements.
- Demonstrate precise and safe work behaviours and reinforce policies and procedures.
- Coordinate delivery of water via suppliers and infrastructure to users as required.
- Identify the training needs of workers to complete their job effectively.
What you need to bring:
- Experience with irrigation automation
- Experience in operation and management of pressurised irrigation systems
- Experience with tree crops
- Project Management
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Proven organisation and time management skills
This is a great opportunity to manage a new orchard and be part of the growth of the region. A competitive salary is on offer. You will be eligible to participate in the company's group salary continuance, group life insurance plan and annual bonus. Relocation assistance is also on offer.
Brunel is a recruitment and flexible workforce solution provider which connects talented people with opportunities throughout Australasia and around the world. We specialise in highly skilled roles across a variety of technical, professional, trades and craft disciplines, pairing candidates with industry-leading projects and organisations on a contract, permanent or secondment basis. Operating in Australasia since 2001, Brunel has major bases of operation in Perth, Sydney, Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly global network spanning over 40 countries, 100+ offices and 45 years of successful operation.Brunel is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and female candidate.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Deirdre Perkins is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use this number:
Brunel Energy Australia Brisbane