About this job
- Market: Energy
- Industry: Mining
- Area of expertise: Engineering & Design
- Location: Burlington
What is required?
- Hours per week: 40
- Education level: Vocational School
- Closing date: Sunday, May 7, 2023
About this role: HVAC Mechanical Designer
Our client is a multinational engineering, procurement, construction management, and operations service provider to the energy and resources sectors. We are searching for an HVAC Mechanical Designer with passion and drive, who is highly organized and can ensure that our high standard of quality is maintained.
This is a 3-month contract position with the possibility of an extension.
- Development of mechanical drawings in 2D and 3D environments.
- Produce relevant deliverables such as design drawings, sections, details, and schedules.
- Deliver design drawings according to project-specific design criteria as well as the defined regulations, codes, and standards.
- Maintain consistent design drawings across projects in accordance with office and industry standards.
- Facilitate and ensure interdisciplinary coordination.
- Be proficient and knowledgeable in Industrial and Building HVAC air movement systems, as well as building utilities such as steam and condensate, gas, compressed air, domestic and chilled water, fire protection, sanitary and storm drainage systems, and associated piping networks.
- Comply with all the clients' corporate policies and procedures by adopting the clients' Quality Assurance and Occupational Health, Safety, and Environment policies.
What you need to bring:
- Engineering Technician diploma or equivalent.
- + 10 years of relevant experience in Mechanical design drafting of building services including HVAC, fire protection, and plumbing systems designs in a consulting engineering environment.
- Ability to efficiently produce designs in AutoCAD.
- Able to source and use vendor data, drawings, and information to develop designs.
- Knowledge of industry or regulatory standards, regulations, and codes relating to the design and systems for projects.
- Well-developed written and oral skills.
- Excellent communication skills, detailed-oriented, self-starter, organized, able to work independently to produce drawings within deadlines and budgets.
- Proven experience in Industrial, Institutional, and Commercial projects is a must
What We Offer
Why apply through Brunel? Finding the next step in your career can be a full-time job in itself. We manage the process for you: from submitting your resume to coordinating interviews to extending offers and assisting with onboarding. We’ll get you going while you get on with the job.
Anything Else?About UsBrunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 45 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Alyssa McLaren is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use this number:
Brunel Canada - Calgary