About this job
- Market: Energy
- Industry: Oil & Gas
- Area of expertise: Project Management & Services
- Location: Saudi Arabia
What is required?
- Hours per week: 48
- Education level: Professional Bachelor
- Closing date: Saturday, April 29, 2023
About this role: Human Factors Specialist
- We are seeking a Human Factors Specialist to join the Company Loss Prevention organization (LP), which is the corporate safety organization within the Company. We provide both day-to-day in-field occupational and process safety support to Company operations, as well as centralized technical support and consulting function. Our field offices are located in Abqaiq, Riyadh, Ras Tanura, Dhahran, Udhailiyah, Jeddah (including Yanbu and Jazan), and Tanajib. Through these offices, LP provides its services to all the Company facilities and departments that are located throughout the Kingdom;
- The primary role is to provides corporate support, consultation and solutions to drive high human performance of front-line workers by developing robust systems to manage human failure and prevent human-induced incidents. Use proven methods to drive a positive safety culture and instill safety leadership skills for critical company roles;
- Integrate principles of Human and Organizational Factors in Company systems, culture, policies, equipment, tools and field practices. Develop tools to incorporate human factors in qualitative and quantitative risk assessments (e.g. human failure analysis, safety critical task analysis, Human Reliability Analysis, etc.);
- Develop tools to incorporate human performance assessments in field activities.Participate, review and analyze human performance issues in incident investigations.Advise and validate Human Factors engineering integration in capital projects;
- Advise on the design and management of operating and maintenance procedures.Develop systems and use expert methods to incorporate risk-informed competencies;
- Streamline critical communications for the frontline;
- Advise facilities on fatigue risk and shift work schedule design;
- Develop tools to verify safe manning levels, optimal workload and allocation of functions;
- Develop tools and support efforts to manage organizational changes;
- Develop programs and strategies for driving and sustaining a positive safety culture;
- Operationalize proven methods to assess safety culture and drive targeted interventions;
- Assess and enhance safety leadership competencies at all levels;
- Embed Human Factors thinking into the day-to-day activities of operation and maintenance line functions e.g. Site inspections, work permitting, pre and post job briefings, JSA;
- Develop communication campaign material for human factors e.g., pamphlets, presentations, videos;
- Provide training and awareness on different human factors topics.
What you need to bring:
- Undergraduate degree in engineering, industrial psychology, human factors or ergonomics. (Preferred) Masters and/or PhD in Human Factors, Ergonomics or Industrial Psychology;
- Five Years of Human Factors experience in the Oil and Gas industry (e.g. International Oil and Gas Companies, Consultancy firms, or EPC companies);
- (Preferred) Holds a recognized certification title in human factors such as Certified Human Factors Professional (CHFP), Certified Professional Ergonomist (CPE), Chartered Ergonomics and Human Factors Specialist (C.ErgHF), European Ergonomist (Eur.Erg) Collaborative team player with excellent communication skills.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Suresh Jogi is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use this number:
Brunel Energy UAE Dubai