About this job
- Market: Energy
- Industry: Oil & Gas
- Area of expertise: Health, Safety, Environmental & Quality
- Location: Western Australia
What is required?
- Hours per week: 40
- Education level: Professional Courses
- Closing date: Sunday, March 5, 2023
About this role: HSE Specialist - Environment (Onslow)
On behalf of our client, a High Profile Global Oil & Gas Energy Group, Brunel is presently recruiting a Professional HSE Specialist – Environment for a 12 month contract located in Onslow, WA. This is a residential ONLY role, however, candidates who are keen to relocate will be provided with housing and relocation assistance.
Providing practical environmental guidance to the Site Team (Frontline Teams, Leaders and Business Partners) with a focus on compliance with environmental regulatory requirements and driving environmental performance improvement using Human and Organisational Performance (HOP) principles.
- Undertaking field-based safeguard assurance verification and validation activities
- Supporting site-based environmental activities including dangerous goods management, waste and environmental sampling as required, fauna management as well as basic Health and Safety field based support from time to time
- Building productive working relationships across HSE, Business Partners and other Perth and field based support teams to facilitate alignment and execution efficiency of environmental activities, safeguards and processes
- Facilitating incident investigations and learning events using Company approved Incident Investigation Methodologies
- Acting as member of the site Emergency Management Team, including participation in emergency management exercises and emergency response
What you need to bring:
- Demonstrated practical application of environmental and dangerous goods management in a field environment and understanding of relevant Western Australian HSE legislation
- Practical understanding of organisation HSE management system and Human and Organisational (HOP) concepts, to support environmental management and serious incident prevention efforts
- Demonstrated ability to influence without authority and build respectful and trusted relationships with a variety of stakeholders including Site Leaders and the broader workforce including frontline personnel and Business Partners
- Demonstrated ability to be a visible HSE Professional that adjusts communication styles to provide clear guidance to influence improvements in environmental performance and be a conduit for the workforce to raise barriers and share learning opportunities
- Qualifications in environmental management
- Minimum 5 years of HSE experience
- Experience in working on an Operations Site in Health & Safety
- Previous Oil & Gas industry experience
- 12-month contract with potential to renew!
- Relocation assistance provided
- Excellent negotiable day rate
- Monday – Friday (8 hours per day) and flexible working arrangements with option of a compressed work week.
Brunel is a recruitment and flexible workforce solution provider which connects talented people with opportunities throughout Australasia and around the world. We specialise in highly skilled roles across a variety of technical, professional, trades and craft disciplines, pairing candidates with industry-leading projects and organisations on a contract, permanent or secondment basis.
Operating in Australasia since 2001, Brunel has major bases of operation in Perth, Sydney, Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly global network spanning over 40 countries, 120 offices and 45 years of successful operation.
Brunel is proud to be equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and female candidates.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Mandy Hobbs is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use this number:
Brunel Energy Australia Perth