Vacancy number • PUB406486
HSE Professional looking for something new to kick your 2024 off right? Look no further.
Our client, a Tier 2 Private Builder, are searching for a HSE Coordinator to join their team in Brisbane.
The projects you will be working on span across a range of industries including: Social Housing, Healthcare, Education, Office, Mixed Use Commercial and Hospitality. This encompasses new-build, refurbishment and remediation projects ranging in value from $5m - $100m.
Safety is a key priority across sites on all projects. Ingrained processes and procedures built across 30+ years of operation alongside the values of trust and mutual respect built amongst the teams allows for simple upholding of the safety culture.
Some more key points for the job include:
- $120k - $160k + dependent on experience
- Emphasis on promoting from within with focus on training & development
- Working for a builder with a secure pipeline and one the best cultures in QLD
About this role
As a Safety Advisor, you will play a pivotal role in safeguarding the health and safety of site teams ensuring compliance with relevant regulations.
- Ensuring compliance with safety regulations and standards.
- Developing and implementing safety plans tailored to each project.
- Conducting regular site audits to identify and mitigate safety hazards, documenting findings, and recommending corrective actions.
- Having a strong influence on and being able to manage a diverse range of people.
- Leading safety meetings to foster a culture of safety awareness, discuss concerns, and reinforce safety protocols.
- Investigating accidents, near-misses, and safety violations, and providing recommendations to prevent future incidents.
- Maintaining accurate records of safety inspections, incident reports, training sessions, and safety-related communication.
What you need to bring:
- Minimum Cert IV in Workplace Health and Safety or equivalent
- Proven experience in safety advisory within the commercial construction industry.
- In-depth knowledge of Australian safety regulations.
- Strong communication and leadership skills.
- Ability to conduct risk assessments and develop effective safety strategies.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- A commitment to promoting a positive safety culture.
- Strong pipeline providing stability in a long-term position
- Exciting projects throughout Brisbane
- Support system through HSE Manager and team of H&S coordinators
- Emphasis on Work / Life balance
Operating in Australasia since 2001, Brunel has major bases of operation in Perth, Sydney, Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly global network spanning over 40 countries, 100+ offices and 45 years of successful operation.
Brunel is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and female candidates.
Are you ready for the next step in your career? Join Brunel’s powerful global network, where passionate, results-driven specialists come together with industry-leading clients. By connecting specialists to pioneering projects, we drive change in many industries, enabling growth and delivering great outcomes. Brunel helps you reach your full potential and empowers you to make an impact within a purpose-driven global company.
Explore your career opportunities!
At Brunel, we are proud of our unique corporate culture, which is shaped and nurtured by the collective efforts of our employees. Our work environment is characterised by an authentic, communicative and inclusive approach to teamwork that fosters an atmosphere of collaboration and creativity. Our values are at the center of everything we do – for our clients, our colleagues and ourselves.
Since 1975, our mission has always been to connect specialists to exciting career opportunities, to support the development of these careers, and to offer fair and equal employment. This has enabled us to create a truly sustainable and durable business model. Having a passion for people and caring deeply for the environment is not only part of Brunel’s DNA but is also reflected in our culture and values. As a global company, we take our social responsibility very seriously.
Join us on our mission!
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Sinead Howard is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use this number: PUB406486