Head of Transportation and Installation Engineering
Vacancy number • PUB406523
- “One Team” project organization accountable and responsible for effective and efficient delivery of the various scopes in Compression development
- While position may report to the Compression Project Shared Services Transportation and Installation Division Manager, position is accountable and responsible to EPC Leadership for safe and successful execution of respective T&I scopes to meet EPC and overall project objectives
About this role
- Provide full function T&I engineering to EPC teams to ensure each of the EPC meet objectives - including all aspects of T&I engineering, marine warranty requirements, procedural compliance, execution safety and integrity and project execution effectiveness and efficiency
- Provide core technical and execution expertise to ensure consistent and quality application of T&I systems, processes, and procedures for all T&I engineering scope
- Provide demonstrable technical competency and experience to advise, make recommendations and decisions as the Project Focal Point for T&I engineering regarding transportation and installation engineering analysis and requirements including load-out, sea fastening, transportation and installation analysis, methods and procedures, heavy lifts and float-over.
- Provide knowledge and experienced technical input to engineering designs and installation procedures
- Manage the delivery of all Transport and Installation engineering scope based on Contractor installation vessels and barges in accordance with agreed schedule and budget.
- Manage the review of transportation and installation analysis, methods and procedures from engineering perspective such as heavy lifts, jacket launches, topside float-overs, pipeline, cable, umbilical, crossings, post installed risers including stalk-ons, free-span correction, pilling, load out, float on, float off, trenching, burial, beach pull, transpooling and others
- Provide inputs and validate CP topside float-over and transportation engineering including design of LMUs, DSUs, float-over operations, jacket and vessel fendering (sway/surge), etc.
- Support an effective interface with COMPANY/CONTRACTOR Engineering discipline leads to ensure the installation engineering input are reviewed and captured within the project design and relevant installation procedures.
- Manage MWS approval of CONTRACTOR’s T&I engineering deliverables
- Monitors performance through surveillance and analytics of T&I scope – perform necessary assessments, identify opportunities for improvements, application of lessons learned
- Enable effective and efficient resource acquisition, deployment and utilization of T&I engineering teams supporting all EPC teams
- Provide engineering support during offshore installation phase in a timely manner
What you need to bring:
- Preferred Engineering Degree or relevant on the job experience
- Extensive project management experience in a senior leadership and supervisory role
- Required to have offshore survival certificate and be able to pass an offshore medical evaluation.
- OPITO certification is considered a plus.
- Recommended 20+ years of experience with at least 10-15 years demonstrated T&I project management experience
- Experience managing multiple T&I engineering and execution aspects including offshore heavy lifts, pipeline, and cable installations, load-out and transportation
- Experience with float-over installation is preferred
- Worldwide experience with contractors in particular those involved in the Offshore projects
- Day Rate in USD Plus Allowance
- Work Schedule:
- 10 Hours / 6 Days
- 30 April 2027, renewable
A powerful global network, connecting the most talented and experienced specialists with both present-day and pioneering projects. With 120+ offices and more than 12,000 specialists around the world, we deliver skilled talent and workforce services that transform global projects in Conventional Energy, Infrastructure, Renewable Energy, Life Sciences, Future Mobility and Mining.
Are you ready for the next step in your career? Join Brunel’s powerful global network, where passionate, results-driven specialists come together with industry-leading clients. By connecting specialists to pioneering projects, we drive change in many industries, enabling growth and delivering great outcomes. Brunel helps you reach your full potential and empowers you to make an impact within a purpose-driven global company.
Explore your career opportunities!
At Brunel, we are proud of our unique corporate culture, which is shaped and nurtured by the collective efforts of our employees. Our work environment is characterised by an authentic, communicative and inclusive approach to teamwork that fosters an atmosphere of collaboration and creativity. Our values are at the center of everything we do – for our clients, our colleagues and ourselves.
Since 1975, our mission has always been to connect specialists to exciting career opportunities, to support the development of these careers, and to offer fair and equal employment. This has enabled us to create a truly sustainable and durable business model. Having a passion for people and caring deeply for the environment is not only part of Brunel’s DNA but is also reflected in our culture and values. As a global company, we take our social responsibility very seriously.
Join us on our mission!
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Dhirendra Singh is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use this number: PUB406523