About this job
- Market: Energy
- Industry: Renewable Energy
- Area of expertise: Project Management & Services
- Location: Australia
What is required?
- Hours per week: 40
- Education level: Professional Bachelor
- Closing date: Thursday, February 16, 2023
About this role: Head of Project Management and Operations
- Be based in Melbourne
- Focus on Microgrids 100kw+
- Well established company with great career prospects
Our client is an Australian engineering company specializing in renewable energy. They are leading the way in the development of distributed energy resources (DERs) solutions for commercial customers. Their mission is to provide our customers with the best solutions that implement clean energy investment, reduce costs significantly, are future focused and meet sustainability objectives
Due to their expansion plans in 2023, they have engaged us to find a Head of Project Management & Operations. You will be providing project progress status, delays and issues to customers in a timely manner. You will ensure that the project deliverables meet customer expectations. You will also be providing support and guidance to project team while developing and implementing project management procedures and methodologies to achieve business goals.
Reporting to the COO, you will be:
- Developing a plan to manage and supervise project sites and implement the plan with O&M LTSA vendors to achieve budgeted revenue and cost.
- Implementing self O&M once the plan is approved and realize budgeted cost savings and revenue increase
- Undertaking job commissioning alongside the Supervision Manager to ensure that Performance Guarantees are met by EPC’s and the testing regime criteria are undertaken in accordance with contractual obligations
- Managing key O&M vendor relationships along with timely O&M claims from vendors
- Maintaining plant and internal grid availability to ensure the Optimum Output from the project
- Reviewing all projects for OHSE risks & attending site to audit projects for safety, construction & environmental risks
- Reviewing and identifying training needs and developing a plan for development of future O&M resources
- Carrying out inspection and testing, witnessing subcontractor inspection and tests, collating records and preparing Quality Control (QC) reports for completed construction activities
- Reviewing the Contract construction drawings, specification and document registers as updated to anticipate potential problems and request clarification where necessary
- Liaising with the Engineering & Technical Services team for engineering solutions on the projects
What you need to bring:
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- Degree in Electrical / Electronics /Instrumentation/Power Electronics Engineering
- 5-8 years on solar plant operations
- Well-developed organizational skills and ability to deal with on-site issues
- Customer service focus with excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- A team player with high level of dedication
- Ability to prioritize and respect deadlines.
- Well-organized and quick follow-up to get tasks done in time and with high quality.
- Ability to handle diverse activities simultaneously.
- Diligence in process and contractual documentation with vendors and customers
- Experience in external stakeholder management (administration / network operators etc).
An attractive salary package is on offer for the right candidate along with the opportunity to work with the senior management of a company well positioned to make the World a cleaner place to live.
Anything Else?Brunel is a powerful global network, connecting the most talented and experienced specialists with both present-day and pioneering projects. With 100+ offices and more than 12,000 specialists around the world, we deliver people and workforce services that transform global projects in Life sciences, Renewable Energy, Oil and Gas, Infrastructure, Future Mobility and Mining. Proudly the number one specialist recruiter in Renewable Energy worldwide leaning on our global team of experts to attract the best talent. Operating in Australasia since 2001, Brunel has major bases of operation in Perth, Sydney, Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly global network spanning over 40 countries, 100+ offices and 45 years of successful operation.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Gareth Clarke is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use this number:
Brunel Energy Australia Brisbane