Head of Project Controls – Process
Vacancy number • PUB406512
- Deliver most effective Project Controls techniques / approaches on project schedule, progress, cost and change management through timely execution of key Project Controls activities and ensure compliance to Company / Project requirements.
- Operates in a multi-cultural, multinational environment, which requires professional conduct and proper office protocol.
- Understand the key project drivers, define roles and responsibilities, develop communication protocols, identify, develop and implement Project Controls procedures for planning/scheduling/cost control; identify elements of project design and construction likely to give rise to disputes and claims, communicate and influence across the PMT organization to ensure delivery of project within the agreed timeframe.
- Major challenges are (1) completing detailed assessments of project controls, cost, schedule, progress and recovery/rectification plans, in short deadlines and a high pressure environment and (2) developing and sustaining relationships with EPC Contractor Project Controls personnel throughout project execution to ensure Company is provided with timely and the best available information to aid decision making.
About this role
- Provide management and technical direction for all facets of the division (scheduling, planning, reporting, change order cost estimating and cost engineering) by establishing a set of project control procedures, guidelines and flow charts to suit project requirements and needs to support management decision making process.
- Develop Project Controls-related plans / procedures / deliverables, including Project Controls Plan, Estimate Basis Memorandum, Estimate Confidence Pack, Gate 3/4/5 cost and schedule estimate deliverables, etc.
- Lead project control activities and responsible for ensuring effective project control systems are executed by the Contractor and sub-contractor organizations, with particular emphasis on schedule management, planning and progress monitoring, recommend modifications to management to ensure Company and PMT standards and requirements are met.
- Coordinate the collecting, consolidating, analyzing and reporting all project cost and schedule, control, trend and progress measurement information to ensure overall project status is assessed and potential problem areas identified. Produces cost estimates on the project as requested by Project Leadership.
- Monitor Contractor’s performance and progress in areas of project controls, scheduling, reporting, progress monitoring and cost estimating assessing any discrepancies and reverting to Contractor for clarifications/corrections. Establishes and maintains appropriate planning systems, fully integrated, and appropriate for the project.
- Review project changes and evaluate any schedule and/or cost impact; responsible for incorporating the effect and impact of approved changes into overall cost and schedule stewardship and reporting.
- Review invoices and other project commercial / financial document for compliance and completeness, liaise with the Contractors / Suppliers / Third party and the Accounts Payable Department in the resolution of queries and disputes.
What you need to bring:
- Bachelor degree in Engineering or Business related subject.
- 15 years’ overall experience in a major project environment within the oil and gas industry, with exposure in business management including project controls, cost and schedule development, tender preparation and contract management.
- Expertise in using Primavera software for EPC schedule development.
- Prior experience of at least 7 years supervising multi discipline and multi-cultural teams as a head role for mega projects.
- Planning / Scheduling expert using Primavera software (schedule WBS, level 3 / Level 4 project schedule development / integration, resources loading, quantitative schedule risk analysis, etc).
- Knowledgeable on EPC progress measurement system (progress reporting, progress calculation, weigh factors, rule of credits, quantity/hour tracking, productivity, etc).
- Day Rate in USD Plus Allowance
- Work Schedule:
- 10 Hours / 6 Days
- 31 Dec 2026, renewable
A powerful global network, connecting the most talented and experienced specialists with both present-day and pioneering projects. With 120+ offices and more than 12,000 specialists around the world, we deliver skilled talent and workforce services that transform global projects in Conventional Energy, Infrastructure, Renewable Energy, Life Sciences, Future Mobility and Mining.
Are you ready for the next step in your career? Join Brunel’s powerful global network, where passionate, results-driven specialists come together with industry-leading clients. By connecting specialists to pioneering projects, we drive change in many industries, enabling growth and delivering great outcomes. Brunel helps you reach your full potential and empowers you to make an impact within a purpose-driven global company.
Explore your career opportunities!
At Brunel, we are proud of our unique corporate culture, which is shaped and nurtured by the collective efforts of our employees. Our work environment is characterised by an authentic, communicative and inclusive approach to teamwork that fosters an atmosphere of collaboration and creativity. Our values are at the center of everything we do – for our clients, our colleagues and ourselves.
Since 1975, our mission has always been to connect specialists to exciting career opportunities, to support the development of these careers, and to offer fair and equal employment. This has enabled us to create a truly sustainable and durable business model. Having a passion for people and caring deeply for the environment is not only part of Brunel’s DNA but is also reflected in our culture and values. As a global company, we take our social responsibility very seriously.
Join us on our mission!
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Namitha Sambhram Aivalli is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use this number: PUB406512