About this job
- Market: Energy
- Industry: Renewable Energy
- Area of expertise: Engineering & Design
- Location: Australia
What is required?
- Hours per week: 40
- Education level: Other
- Closing date: Saturday, February 18, 2023
About this role: Head of O&M
- Be based in Melbourne
- Focus on Microgrids 100kw+
- Well established company with great career prospects
Our client is an Australian engineering company specialising in renewable energy. They are leading the way in the development of distributed energy resources (DERs) solutions for commercial customers. Their mission is to provide our customers with the best solutions that implement clean energy investment, reduce costs significantly, are future focused and meet sustainability objectives
Due to their expansion plans in 2023, they have engaged us a Head of Operations and Maintenance (O&M) to lead the Operations and Maintenance for the renewables projects in the respective region and ensure performance in accordance with budget.
Reporting to the COO, you will be:
- Developing a plan to manage and supervise project sites in the region and implement the plan with O&M LTSA vendors to achieve budgeted revenue and cost.
- Implementing self O&M once the plan is approved and realize budgeted cost savings and revenue increasejob commissioning alongside the Supervision Manager to ensure that Performance Guarantees are met by EPC’s and the testing regime criteria are undertaken in accordance with contractual obligations
- Managing key O&M vendor relationships along with timely O&M claims from vendors
- Implementing Asset Optimization as per approved plan and realize budgeted cost savings and revenue increaseMaintaining plant and internal grid availability to ensure the Optimum Output from the project
- Implementing QHSE requirement at operational sitesManaging the performance of all direct-report staff including establishment of clear responsibilities and authorities, assessment and provision of appropriate induction and training and development of annual performance plans including regular review and assessment
- Carrying out inspection and testing, witness subcontractor inspection and tests, collate records and prepare Quality Control (QC) reports for completed construction activitiesReviewing the Contract construction drawings, specification and document registers as updated to anticipate potential problems and request clarification where necessary
- Liaising with the Engineering & Technical Services team for engineering solutions on the projectsEnsure, in consultation with site staff, that forward planning is carried out, is achievable and is achieved
What you need to bring:
In order to be successful for this role, you will need:
- A Degree in Electrical / Electronics /Instrumentation/Power Electronics Engineering.
- 5-8 years on solar plant operations
- Proven experience in project delivery & supervision
- The Ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks
- Customer service focus with excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to clearly define tasks & encourage other team members to meet deadlines
- Well-organized and responsible with an aptitude in problem-solving
- Experience in external stakeholder management (administration / network operators etc).
- An attractive remuneration is on offer for the right candidate
- You will work on some of the most exciting projects in Australia
- Scope for growth within the Organisation
- A diverse and inclusive culture
Brunel is a powerful global network, connecting the most talented and experienced specialists with both present-day and pioneering projects. With 100+ offices and more than 12,000 specialists around the world, we deliver people and workforce services that transform global projects in Life sciences, Renewable Energy, Oil and Gas, Infrastructure, Future Mobility and Mining. Proudly the number one specialist recruiter in Renewable Energy worldwide leaning on our global team of experts to attract the best talent.
Operating in Australasia since 2001, Brunel has major bases of operation in Perth, Sydney, Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly global network spanning over 40 countries, 100+ offices and 45 years of successful operation.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Gareth Clarke is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use this number:
Brunel Energy Australia Brisbane