About this job
- Market: Energy
- Industry: Oil & Gas
- Area of expertise: Engineering & Design
- Location: Qatar
What is required?
- Hours per week: 40
- Education level: Academic Bachelor
- Closing date: Saturday, April 1, 2023
About this role: Head Of Contracts
Brunel is a global provider of flexible workforce solutions and expertise, connecting specialists with clients across the globe. We deliver innovative services like Recruitment (people, talent, and training), Logistics (global mobility and travel), Technical Services (project support and setup) and Consultancy to our clients both globally and locally.
Brunel is now present in 40+ countries with over 12,000+ specialists, 120+ offices worldwide, and close to €1 billion (Revenue 2021).
- Manage novation of LLI and EPIC contractual strategy process;
- Support development of multiple Cost / Schedule driven Contracting Scenarios for feeding into effective Contracting Strategy workshops;
- Manage the development of tender documents for both LLI contracts and EPIC contracts for Offshore;
- Manage the process to produce bid evaluation plans, procedures, and models for evaluating technical bids and commercial bids;
- Arrange for the transfer of the LLI contracts through novation to the chosen EPIC contractor for Offshore and free issue of materials to Jackets contract;
- Manage the preparation and editing of contracts between company and contractors if needed;
- Manages all contract specialists and ensures the contractual daily requirements and reporting of claim and variation progress are correctly done;
- Support Offshore Project Management team in handling major change orders and claims and negotiations with EPC contractors and LLI suppliers and interface with Supply and Legal department as needed;
- Manage contractor claims effectively and resolve issues on behalf of the company, and coordinate on legal issues with Legal department;
- Coordinate with contractors to ensure that terms of the contract are fulfilled in compliance with the contract terms and regulations;
- Manage breach of contracts in a timely manner;
- Assess contract agreements to identify and recommend amendments of existing contracts. Establish procedures of transferring contracts to Operations after demobilization of the Project team.
What you need to bring:
- 10 years of experience in contracting related to EPC contracts;
- Experience in contract formulation activities, systems, and processes across a broad range of Contracts coupled with a working knowledge of engineering and or services/consultancy practices in oil and gas industry;
- BSc in Quantity Surveying or similar, RICS membership, quantity surveying apprenticeship or equivalent.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Namitha Sambhram Aivalli is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use this number:
Namitha Sambhram Aivalli
Brunel Energy Qatar Doha