About this job
- Market: Energy
- Industry: Mining
- Area of expertise: Trade
- Location: Pilbara
What is required?
- Hours per week: 84
- Education level: Vocational School
- Closing date: Tuesday, January 16, 2024
About this role: HD Fitter - FIFO Ex Perth – ASAP START - 2:2 Roster
We are currently looking for experienced and qualified HD Mechanics to join the team. The chosen candidate will be responsible for conducting scheduled maintenance and breakdown repairs on a variety of large-scale mining equipment in support of one of Australia's leading iron ore producers. This role requires FIFO from Perth, located in the Pilbara region on the traditional lands of the Eastern Guruma and Yindjibarndi peoples. We offer competitive compensation, based on your experience level. In addition to a competitive salary, we provide a 2:2 roster, allowing for a balanced work-life schedule.
As a HD Fitter, you will play a crucial role in ensuring the safe and efficient operation of heavy mobile equipment in the Pilbara. This is an exciting opportunity to contribute to the maintenance and repair of a diverse fleet of mobile equipment, working with Trucks, Autonomous mining equipment and collaborating with a dedicated team. This position demands a high level of technical expertise, problem-solving skills, and a commitment to safety. Experience working in a fast-paced environment and excellent communication skills are also essential.
- Perform diagnostics and fault-finding on large-scale mobile mining equipment, ensuring optimal performance and reliability
- Execute mechanical breakdown tasks with the ability to work unsupervised within a dynamic Autonomous Pit operations
- Exhibit a high level of proficiency in managing a diverse Caterpillar Fleet, including 789C/D's, D10T's, 18/24M, 993K's, 994H's, showcasing expertise across a broad spectrum of heavy equipment
- Work closely with mobile maintenance teams to achieve 100% schedule compliance, contributing to the seamless operation of mining activities
- Undertake responsibilities in both workshop and pit environments as required, contributing to overall operational efficiency
- Follow established procedures and safety protocols when conducting inspections and repairs on electrical systems to ensure compliance with safety regulations and industry standards
- Coordinate and communicate effectively with the team to ensure seamless integration of Mechanical maintenance and repairs into their operations
- Actively participate in safety meetings, hazard assessments, and adhere to safe work practices
- Execute mechanical breakdown tasks with the ability to work unsupervised within a dynamic Autonomous Pit operation.
What you need to bring:
- Recognized mechanical trade certificate in Australia
- Valid Drivers Licence (Minimum C class)
- Desirable Refrigerant Handling License
- Desirable High Risk Work License – Forklift, Working Platforms
- Desirable Working at Heights
- Demonstrated heavy mechanical experience working with with Autonomous Trucks, CAT Mine Star Pit operations
- Desirable demonstrated heavy mechanical experience working with autonomous mobile fleet
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team-oriented environment
- Demonstrated commitment to safety and zero harm
- Strong problem-solving and analytical abilities
- Potential for permanent employment
- Supportive workplace culture that values personal growth and success
- On-site facilities including a gym and excellent dining options
- Stable and predictable work schedule with a rolling roster
- Personalized guidance throughout the recruitment process
- Corporate benefits such as salary sacrificing, novated leasing, and corporate discounts
- Weekly pay with superannuation on all hours worked
- Referral bonuses applicable
Brunel is a recruitment and flexible workforce solution provider which specialises in connecting highly skilled workers with projects and organisations throughout Australasia and around the world. Operating locally since 1997, Brunel has major bases of operation in Perth, Sydney, Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly global network spanning over 45 countries, 120 offices and 45 years of successful operation.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Ellyssiah Corica is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use this number:
Brunel Energy Australia Perth