About this job
- Market: Energy
- Industry: Oil & Gas
- Area of expertise: Project Management & Services
- Location: Aberdeen
What is required?
- Hours per week: 40
- Education level: Professional Bachelor
- Closing date: Monday, March 13, 2023
About this role: Geomatics Operations Project Surveyor
Do you have 8-15 years of experience in Offshore Geomatics Operations? Our client, a High-Profile Global Organisation within the Energy Sector, has an exciting contract opportunity for a highly skilled Geomatics Operations – Project Surveyor to work within one of their Project Teams
Start date: ASAP
Contract type: Offshore
Duration: 11 months
Work location: Aberdeen
To manage the planning, execution, evaluation and continuous improvement of offshore Geomatics Operations survey services provided to a varied range of customers across the companies Upstream in the UK. More specifically, to plan, coordinate, and manage rig positioning activities, engineering, decommissioning and construction survey support activities, geophysical seabed surveys, geotechnical surveys, subsea positioning activities and general positioning support
Responsibilities Include but are not Limited to:
- Technical assurance in line with UPPT-18 Manage Geomatics process;
- Planning, execution and supervision of offshore survey and positioning projects;
- Planning, execution and supervision of offshore seabed survey, geophysical, geotechnical and environmental survey projects;
- Contracting and procurement of survey and positioning services;
- Ensuring the geodetic integrity of existing and newly acquired survey information. Accountable for zero geo-integrity incidents with Geomatics Operations;
- Lead HSSE incident investigation and close outs for projects under his/her control;
- May have some Global focus on specific projects or subject areas;
- Working within multi-disciplined and multi region project, marine and engineering teams and ensuring the correct involvement of Geomatics Operations at all stages.
What you need to bring:
What we are Looking for:
- Bachelor’s Degree or Master Degree in a directly-related Geomatics Engineering, Geodesy, Hydrographic, Land Survey or related geoscience technical discipline from a recognized University;
- 8-15 + years’ experience of relevant Offshore Geomatics Operations experience, in the Oil and Gas and/or renewables business;
- Skilled in contract negotiation and Contractor management, managing contractor performance and quality assurance. HSSE&SP management systems and processes;
- Extensive recent operational experience of surveying and positioning methods, topographic surveys, engineering project support and geophysical surveys and with a strong geodetic background. In depth understanding of the breadth of Geomatics activities across all subject matter areas, and their application to the E&P business (including remote sensing, mapping standards, and Geo-Information Management strategy). Sound understanding of the breadth of Geomatics activities across all subject matter areas, and their application to the E&P business. Knowledge of developing contract execution and contractor assurance plans. Knowledge of project framing, and information management and security processes.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Ben Callander is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use this number:
Brunel Energy UK Manchester