About this job
- Market: Energy
- Industry: Mining
- Area of expertise: Operations & Maintenance
- Location: Perth
What is required?
- Hours per week: 60
- Education level: Other
- Closing date: Wednesday, April 12, 2023
About this role: Fixed Plant Area Planner - Mining - FIFO
On behalf of our tier 1 mining client, we are seeking a skilled Fixed Plant Area Planner to join their team for a 6+ month contract, with the possibility of an extension.
As a Fixed Plant Area Planner, you will be responsible for developing and planning maintenance work, ensuring timely and effective decision-making and planning of scope within the integrated planning process.
The role will involve collaborating with maintenance supervisors, area planners, and specialists to ensure that schedules and commitments are met, as well as weekly and shutdown planning, and providing support to shutdown teams and maintenance teams.The Fixed Plant Area Planner will work on a FIFO schedule of 5 days on, 2 off, 4 days on, and 3 off, with the flexibility to work from home or the Perth office every second Friday.
- Keep track of costs and forecast budgets while adhering to budget requirements and minimizing expenses that are out of budget.
- Oversee materials and services required for work orders in the facility and teams.
- Monitor the quality of work orders, cost estimates, and statutory compliance.
- Analyze and improve metrics/KPIs and reports from business systems.
- Identify and participate in continuous improvement activities.
What you need to bring:
- A commitment to ensuring the safety of yourself and your team.
- Previous experience with plant shutdown/turnaround activities, including planning, resource requirements, cost management, and material reservations.
- Proven track record of working in an operational/production environment, with an understanding of project management and planning methods.
- Experience with SAP and Work Management/Planning processes is mandatory.
- Mechanical background is ideal but not essential.
- Full Australian Working Rights
- Ability to pass medical screening
- National Police Clearance or willingness to obtain
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Fixed Plant Planner to join a dynamic team.
- 6+ month contract with likelihood of extension
- 5:2:4:3 roster ex-Perth
- $70-$95/hour + super on ALL hours
- Weekly pay
- Access to Brunel Employee Benefits
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Jasmine Wille is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use this number:
Brunel Energy Australia Perth