About this job
- Market: Energy
- Industry: Renewable Energy
- Area of expertise: Project Management & Services
- Location: Calgary
What is required?
- Hours per week: 40
- Education level: Professional Bachelor
- Closing date: Friday, November 18, 2022
About this role: Finance Manager
An exciting opportunity exists to join our client’s team as a Finance Manager.
In this role you will report directly to the Commercial Manager Projects and be an integral member of our Projects Commercial team. You will be responsible for financial and management reporting, budgeting and forecasting to support the successful delivery of growth and development and driving best practice. You will be working in a dynamic work environment and will need to be able to think on your feet and report on and present financial results at all levels.
- Prepare and manage projects monthly and quarterly management reports, budgets and forecast
- Formulating, managing and monitoring disciplined performance review, business planning, budgeting and forecasting routines
- Ensuring the strategic plans, annual budgets and monthly forecasts are completed in a timely fashion and in accordance with aligned goals
- Ensuring accuracy and appropriateness of project costs in accordance with approved budgets and forecasts
- You will also ensure senior management and staff receive information pertaining to financial forecasts
- Contribute to project operational readiness planning and implementation activities
- Ensure consistency in reporting between project controls, ABD and Projects portfolio management reporting
- Undertaking critical reviews of new business initiatives and special projects
- Developing and contributing to Continuous Improvement initiatives
What you need to bring:
- A tertiary degree in an accounting related field, CA/CPA qualifications ideally
- 5 years’ experience in a similar level role ideally
- Strong management reporting background
- Proven commercial experience in a similar role; preferably in resources or heavy industry
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to influence key stakeholders
- A strong Continuous Improvement background
Candidates must be able to bring a flexible mindset, challenge traditional thinking, and be prepared to work outside of their comfort zone.
What We Offer
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Brunel provides the global recruitment and workforce services you need to lead your industry. With 45 years of market experience in Renewable Energy, Automotive, Oil & Gas, Life Sciences, Mining and Infrastructure, we help you finish major projects safely, compliantly, on-time, within budget and at the highest quality, so you can keep growing – anywhere in the world.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Jen Folkes is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use this number:
Brunel Canada - Toronto