Vacancy number • PUB406164
Brunel is currently recruiting experienced Field Technicians for contract roles with a leading Iron Ore producer in Australia. This is a fantastic opportunity to join one of the top mining companies in the country and enjoy competitive rates of pay along with an excellent site culture.
About this role
This position reports to the Field Supervisor. Your responsibilities will include:
- Demonstrate a commitment to improving safety performance by conducting or assisting in quality Field Leadership and material risk verification exercises.
- Demonstrate commitment and conformance to the Company Charter, Company Level Documents, Code of Conduct and relevant statutory obligations.
- Ensure logistics of approved Geoscience work programs are completed safely to required standards
- Delineation and signage of infrastructure including tracks, laydowns, and water sources
- Flagging or pegging of heritage, environmental and program requirements
- Creation or setup of water access, laydown, caravan, generators, fuel tanks or other mobile facilities
- Undertake project closeout activities including collar cutting, collection of signage, removal of waste materials
- Maintain the relevant core yard facilities and waste management
- Assisting in surveys (including heritage / environmental)
- Field approving and entering Earthworks and drilling plods
- Support Field Supervisor in managing equipment service & maintenance and Daily workplace inspections
- Escorting duties when required
- Maintaining asbestos kits
- Managing Blast clearances
- Undertake all sampling related to Geoscience operations, including the recording of information into electronic systems, sample collection, sample/core pickup and dispatch
- Photography of core or as requested by Field Supervisor
- Complete QAQC checks in the field
What you need to bring:
To be eligible for the role you will need:
- Previous Field Technician experience – Essential
- Manual C Class Driver’s License - Essential
- First Aid Certificate
- 4wd Training - Desirable
- A good level of fitness
Our client is one of the leading Iron-Ore producers for Australia, based in the the Pilbara Region. They have a strong set of core values that they uphold in all areas of the company. They appreciate ingenuity, hard work and enthusiasm from their team and in return, offer:
- FIFO from Perth
- 8/6 roster, day shifts only
- Superannuation paid on all hours
- Temp-Perm opportunity based on performance
- Brunel Benefits – referral program, salary packaging including options for flights ex east coast, discounted gym & health membership, corporate travel benefits + more
- Leading market rates
Brunel is a recruitment and flexible workforce solution provider which specialises in connecting highly skilled workers with projects and organisations throughout Australasia and around the world. Operating locally since 1997, Brunel has major bases of operation in Perth, Sydney, Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly global network spanning over 45 countries, 120 offices and 45 years of successful operation.
Are you ready for the next step in your career? Join Brunel’s powerful global network, where passionate, results-driven specialists come together with industry-leading clients. By connecting specialists to pioneering projects, we drive change in many industries, enabling growth and delivering great outcomes. Brunel helps you reach your full potential and empowers you to make an impact within a purpose-driven global company.
Explore your career opportunities!
At Brunel, we are proud of our unique corporate culture, which is shaped and nurtured by the collective efforts of our employees. Our work environment is characterised by an authentic, communicative and inclusive approach to teamwork that fosters an atmosphere of collaboration and creativity. Our values are at the center of everything we do – for our clients, our colleagues and ourselves.
Since 1975, our mission has always been to connect specialists to exciting career opportunities, to support the development of these careers, and to offer fair and equal employment. This has enabled us to create a truly sustainable and durable business model. Having a passion for people and caring deeply for the environment is not only part of Brunel’s DNA but is also reflected in our culture and values. As a global company, we take our social responsibility very seriously.
Join us on our mission!
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Rebecca Daglan is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use this number: PUB406164