Field Service Specialist - Operating Room Integration Systems
Vacancy number • PUB406556
Brunel has an exciting opportunity for a Service Specialist to support a new product line within Canada at a leading Medical Device/Capital Equipment client. This role supports customers, sales and our technicians in the field, as the “liaison” and technical expert for the Operating Room Integration team.
The successful candidate will complete repairs and troubleshoot medical devices, AV equipment, cabling, surgical lights and tables, with a focus on OR Integration equipment.
This position must be based in either Montreal or Quebec City, be fully French/English bilingual, and be able to travel across Canada 90% of the time, as well as to the United States for training purposes.
About this role
- Ensure Customer satisfaction through pro-active communication and commitment to resolving Customer issues/problems. Service Customers by providing preventative maintenance, service calls, warranty calls, field upgrade programs, etc. Will be primarily responsible for accounts in their assigned territories, supporting all client equipment in Operating Room environment with a focus on OR Integration. Provide support to ORI accounts outside of assigned territory as required.
- Perform preventive and corrective maintenance required on Surgical product lines, related product lines, and related competitive equipment. This includes: disassembling, replacing, or repairing defective parts; rewiring or reassembling as required; troubleshooting complex items including RFI, Signal Loss or Failure, Power Analysis and Grounding Issues, adjusting/calibrating, and certifying equipment ready for use by using standard and specialized tools and test equipment (i.e., schematics, diagrams, technical manuals, etc.). Understanding various vendor video equipment, video outputs/timing and competitors system functions.
- Perform Customer training and in-servicing on assigned equipment (lights, tables, integration, etc.) and perform in depth OR staff super user and biomedical engineer training. Coordinate these activities with District Service and Capital Account Managers.
- Perform installations or conversions on assigned equipment and start up custom equipment as required. Perform site visits for small projects and coordinate activities with project managers and/or installers.
- Properly install, terminate and test cabling. Identify, re-create and escalate product performance issues, providing specific details of how the issue was discovered. Configuring and programing terminal windows and Linux based systems.
- Perform Administrative duties as required. Utilize technology (laptop computer, iPhone and related software) as assigned to ensure effective planning, utilization, and required paperwork completion. This includes, but is not limited to: maintaining a shared ORI calendar, scheduling and updating work activities in , completing service reports and activities on-site; maintain on-site Customer Service Logs according to client procedures; and maintain tools and parts inventory to prescribed levels.
What you need to bring:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Ability to speak English and French, required.
- Ability to travel to the US, required.
- Completion of associate degree program in computer science, electronics, or audio/visual communications strongly preferred.
- Upon hire, successful completion of product specific training modules and safety training is required.
- Minimum of three - five years’ technical field service experience in the healthcare products industry or equivalent technical school training. OR medical device technical experience preferred.
- Three – five years of working in hospital setting. Experience working with physicians and in operating rooms preferred.
- Three years of experience working on surgical equipment to include tables, lights, audio video integration, and other OR products.
- Knowledge of personal computers, video technology, video cabling and networking required. Use of technical software to configure and update firmware electronic devices.
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot situations and determine solution in an independent setting.
Are you ready for the next step in your career? Join Brunel’s powerful global network, where passionate, results-driven specialists come together with industry-leading clients. By connecting specialists to pioneering projects, we drive change in many industries, enabling growth and delivering great outcomes. Brunel helps you reach your full potential and empowers you to make an impact within a purpose-driven global company.
Explore your career opportunities!
At Brunel, we are proud of our unique corporate culture, which is shaped and nurtured by the collective efforts of our employees. Our work environment is characterised by an authentic, communicative and inclusive approach to teamwork that fosters an atmosphere of collaboration and creativity. Our values are at the center of everything we do – for our clients, our colleagues and ourselves.
Since 1975, our mission has always been to connect specialists to exciting career opportunities, to support the development of these careers, and to offer fair and equal employment. This has enabled us to create a truly sustainable and durable business model. Having a passion for people and caring deeply for the environment is not only part of Brunel’s DNA but is also reflected in our culture and values. As a global company, we take our social responsibility very seriously.
Join us on our mission!
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Tori Pochapsky is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use this number: PUB406556