About this job
- Market: Energy
- Industry: Oil & Gas
- Area of expertise: Drilling, Completions & Geosciences
- Location: Bucharest
What is required?
- Hours per week: 40
- Education level: Professional Bachelor
- Closing date: Saturday, March 18, 2023
About this role: Expert Well Engineer
Expert Well Engineer requirement for a leading O&G Operator, working on a $multi-billion greenfield development in the Black Sea.
Expected to be required on the project for 1-2 years.
- Senior Expert Drilling Engineer for the development project. Ensures all deliverables/requirements for the project tollgates and Well engineering gates are met;
- Providing full engineering support to the Well engineering organization; responsible to actively support the permitting process by compiling all required technical documents;
- Prepares and quality check all relevant drilling engineering documentation and is custodian (program engineer) of assigned wells;
- Ensures compliance with the Operators Well Engineering Management System and local regulations for the various project phases;
- Coach and mentor drilling engineers and or IGD candidates as required.
- Prepares together with the well engineering team all relevant documentations for the various project phases to meet tollgates and the Well Engineering process requirements;
- Ensures all wells are designed and constructed in compliance with Operators Well Engineering Process and Technical Policy and actively contributes to the permitting process;
- Prepares scope of work and evaluation criteria for the various drilling services related tenders;
- Evaluates related tenders technically and commercially and provides award recommendations;
- Prepares scopes for engineering studies and follows up / close out any findings from such studies;
- Ensures full technical integrity of all drilling and workover projects;
- Preparers the detailed work programs and SID's for operations;
- Proving front end well engineering design support to the development project;
- Actively promotes continuous performance improvement;
- Ensures the well engineering process is strictly followed (as example but not limited to: MOC implementation, Deviations, well integrity,….);
- Supports operational personnel on all technical aspects of drilling program;
- Notifies and discusses with Well Engineering Manager any deviation from drilling program;
- Liaises and coordinates with service companies for detailed engineering work;
- Prepares cost models (i.e.: in P1) and detailed well engineering schedules for the project;
- Tracks and controls cost of all drilling-related operations and their compliance with budget and AFE;
- Prepares drilling reports and final well reports, after action reviews, DWOP's, etc.;
- Prepares the master equipment lists for operations and ensures equipment is auditable tracked;
- Ensures interfaces with other departments are understood and addressed.
HSE duties: to ascertain and respect the legislation’s and internal provisions in the field of health, safety, security and environment protection at work, protection against fire and civil protection as long as their implementation measures; to use the equipment of the current and protection activity according to the technical instructions; not affect the good functioning, not alter, change or arbitrary remove the security devices in the building where he/she is working; to communicate immediately to the employer and/or assigned employees any situation on which he/she have serious reasons to consider as a danger for the security and health of the employees, as well as any malfunctioning of the protection system; to inform the line manager and/or the employer about the accidents suffered; to cooperate with the employer and/or assigned employees in order to make possible the implementation of any measures or requirements of the law or related authorities; to cooperate with the employer and/or the related authorities in order to allow a work environment and work conditions without risks for security and health; to act, according to the procedures established at the work place, in case of occurrence of any imminent fire danger or other emergency situation; to provide to assigned persons all known data and information concerning occurred work accidents and/or fires; to attend medical health surveillance examinations at the workplace, as planned by the occupational health physician with the employer’s agreement.
What you need to bring:
- Experience in leading field operations position.;
- Experience on minimum two international drilling operations (development drilling preferable) of which one shall include deep water and MODU operations;
- Minimum of 8 year's experience in drilling and workover operations;
- Current IWCF recognised certification in well control (Supervisor Level offshore, subsurface);
- Offshore medical survival and technical competency certification as required by authorities or operator);
- Proven track record in applying performance drilling concepts;
- Knowledge of common drilling software (IDS, Landmark & PETREL etc.) ;
- Regulatory knowledge for offshore work in Romania is beneficial;
- Early phase development experience beneficial;
- Excellent understanding of all interfaces and interdependencies and manages complex workflows with other discipline;
- Preparedness to take decisions and accept responsibility;
- Experience in guidance and supervision of personnel;
- Fluency in the English language, Romanian language skills advantageous;
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills as well as strong interpersonal skills;
- Proven track record (motivation, responsibility, people management, etc.).
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Matthew Duane is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use this number:
Brunel Energy UK Manchester