About this job
- Market: Energy
- Industry: Oil & Gas
- Area of expertise: Health, Safety, Environmental & Quality
- Location: Bucharest
What is required?
- Hours per week: 40
- Education level: Academic Bachelor
- Closing date: Thursday, March 16, 2023
About this role: Environmental Lead
Environmental Lead required to join an offshore €multi-billion greenfield development in the Black Sea for an international O&G Operator.
Long term contract opportunity (2-3 years expected), based at the project head office in Bucharest.
The Environmental Lead supports the delivery of the project by leading the environmental work scopes required to obtain the necessary permits and approvals from the authorities as part of the development planning process. Acts as a focal point for all environmental related matters and provides cross-functional support to a number of key project activities.
- Delivering the Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) for the project and co-ordinating the required input from the various project delivery lines.
- Working with the assigned Permitting Contractor to submit the EIA to the regulator. Dealing with any queries and ultimately obtain approval of the document.
- Engagaing with the relevant Environmental bodies on a regular basis and providing relevant project updates.
- Ensuring the project obtains all necessary Environmental permits, licenses and consents prior to start-up
- Provide input as necessary to other permitting activities e.g. construction
- Define facilties monitoring, sampling and testing requirements as needed to demonstrate compliance with applicable regulatory requirements and permit limitations. Ensure these requirements are incorporated into the facilities design.
- Develop and implement reporting programs for the operating phase to ensure compliance with applicable regulatory requirements and permit limitations.
- Participate in audits and other regulatory compliance assurance activites
- Assess impact of planned, newly issued or revised regulations on the facilities design
- Consults with the Head of Department on key issues, and in particular non-compliance with applicable regulations
- Responsible for delivering discrete work packages/resolving technical issues assigned by the Head of Department
- Responsible for developing technical study scopes and managing 3rd party consultants as required during the project execute phase
- Responsible for health, safety, security and protection of the environment at the workplace, participates in HSSE trainings (according to competency maps), and contributes to integrate HSSE into the company culture.
What you need to bring:
A professional lead with extensive knowledge of the Environmental requirements for a large greenfield project in the offshore oil and gas industry. Demonstratable track record in the development and submission of Environmental Impact Assessments and in obtaining applicable permits from the relevant authorities.
Relevant professional experience:
- Chartered Engineer by recognised industry body (desirable)
- Minimum of 10 years experience in the offshore oil and gas industry
- Minimum 5 years of leadership experience
- Previous experience on large greenfield offshore oil and gas project in a similar role, working on behalf of the Operator
Relevant professional skills:
- Experience of working with multi-national and multi-cultural project teams is strongly preferred
- Previous experience of working for an Operator
- Working knowledge of environmental laws and regulations
- Thorough awareness of BAT/BEP processes
- Hands-on experience in dealing with technical issues and providing solutions (with limited support from discipline engineers)
- Highly motivated and self-reliant
- Confident and assertive
- Problem solver
- Open thinker and innovator
- Flexible and adaptable
Planning and forecasting duties:
- Provide input to project plans and monitor performance against targets
- Ensure permits, licenses and consents are obtained in a timely manner
- Enables and facilitates collaboration on multidisciplinary projects by establishing good relations and ensuring sufficient information flows
- Coordinates between delivery lines to ensure overall project objectives are met
- Provides regular, qualitative and quantitative and ad-hoc reports on assigned work scopes
- Able to clearly communicate with senior management and escalate appropriate issues
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to motivate and mobilize others; creates a team environment where everyone wants to do their best and deliver results
- Holds others accountable by monitoring progress and results, and giving effective feedback; able to make tough decisions when appropriate
- Demonstrated ability to build trust and strong cross-functional relationships across an organization to achieve common goals
- Takes a constructive and proactive approach to problem solving
- Professional with a high degree of integrity and honesty
- Thrives in a high pressure, fast-paced environment
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Matthew Duane is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use this number:
Brunel Energy UK Manchester