Vacancy number • PUB406624
Brunel Papua New Guinea are seeking an experienced Environmental Advisor to work with one of the largest energy companies in the world, who have assets in Oil & Gas, LNG and Renewable energy and a major operator in Papua New Guinea.
About this role
The ideal candidate is required to monitor and report environmental data to Client's Corporation in the USA, the PNG regulators, and financiers of the Project. The Environmental Advisor in Port Moresby will provide on-site assistance to the Environmental Supervisor by mentoring other environmental specialists and advisors, assisting with environmental monitoring and reporting and completion of QA/QC reviews.
Major responsibilities include but not limited to:• Special assignments as given by E&R Supervisor• Advocacy of CEPA Regulations – Protected Areas, Biodiversity Offsets, Climate Change
• Provide training and guidance to operations as needed to facilitate awareness of the Protocols• Mentoring other Environmental Advisors and Specialists
• Assist E&R Supervisor and the Environment Lead with stewardship of environmental data with a focus on:o Corporate EPI (Environmental Performance Indicators) reporting
o ESMP (Environmental and Socioeconomic Monitoring Plan) reportingo CEPA (Conservation and Environment Protection Authority) reporting
• Oversight and management of third-party contractors • Participate in cold eyes reviews and internal inspections on site as needed
• Meeting with regulatory agencies as needed to assist with reporting and licensing and permitting needs that may arise• Assist with IESC (Independent Environmental and Socioeconomic Consultant) inspections
• Ensure compliance to regulatory requirement and Lender’s commitment (per IFC)
What you need to bring:
• Experience with implementing environmental monitoring programs• Experience writing environmental reports for internal and external stewardship
• Knowledge of production and engineering practices • Understanding of air emission sources and how air emission data are collected and reported
• Understanding of proper waste management practices• Understanding of water management needs
• Good interpersonal relationships with diverse workgroups, including regulatory and other stakeholders• Effectively interact in office and field environment with professional, support personnel and operations including consultants
• Experience with regulatory licensing/permitting in PNG• Knowledge and experience in EMPC SHE Management Systems (i.e. OIMS)
- Port Moresby based assignment
- Attractive salary base rate
- Fortnightly pay cycle
- Full medical insurance
Brunel is a recruitment and flexible workforce solution provider which connects talented people with opportunities throughout Papua New Guinea. We specialise in highly skilled roles across a variety of technical, professional, trades and craft disciplines, pairing candidates with industry-leading projects and organisations on a contract or permanent.
Operating in Papua New Guinea since 2008, Brunel has their major bases in Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly global network spanning 44 countries, 100 offices and 45 years of successful operation.
Are you ready for the next step in your career? Join Brunel’s powerful global network, where passionate, results-driven specialists come together with industry-leading clients. By connecting specialists to pioneering projects, we drive change in many industries, enabling growth and delivering great outcomes. Brunel helps you reach your full potential and empowers you to make an impact within a purpose-driven global company.
Explore your career opportunities!
At Brunel, we are proud of our unique corporate culture, which is shaped and nurtured by the collective efforts of our employees. Our work environment is characterised by an authentic, communicative and inclusive approach to teamwork that fosters an atmosphere of collaboration and creativity. Our values are at the center of everything we do – for our clients, our colleagues and ourselves.
Since 1975, our mission has always been to connect specialists to exciting career opportunities, to support the development of these careers, and to offer fair and equal employment. This has enabled us to create a truly sustainable and durable business model. Having a passion for people and caring deeply for the environment is not only part of Brunel’s DNA but is also reflected in our culture and values. As a global company, we take our social responsibility very seriously.
Join us on our mission!
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Luanne Yuambari is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use this number: PUB406624