Vacancy number • PUB406605
Brunel has an exciting job opportunity for an Engineering Manager for our client’s mine site located in South Texas.
About this role
The Engineering Manager is responsible for the engineering, geology, and surveying departments on an active mine site. This is a hands-on, leader position. This position is responsible for short-and long-range planning, assisting with budgets, AOP, cost saving studies, directs capital equipment expenditure programs, and directs the Engineering Department.
What you need to bring:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, SurvCadd, Excel, GPS, Vulcan, AutoCAD, etc.
- Working knowledge of financial and accounting principals
- Detailed oriented – numerous projects simultaneously.
- Flexibility – plans and priorities change quickly.
- Trustworthy – work on projects that are not for public knowledge, confidential employee issues.
- Leadership – direct multiple individuals directly reporting to the engineering manager.
- Training – Develop others as needed in that the department is cross-trained by job function and receives technical training, as required.
- Approachable – ensure employees feel comfortable bringing ideas to this position.
- Ability to manage both up and down the organization.
- Develop positive relationships with the client.
Education and Training:
- Engineering degree in Mining, Civil, Geology or related field.
- Advanced Engineering degree or MBA preferred.
- 10+ years’ mining experience, preferably in coal employing dragline operations.
- A Professional Engineering License preferred.
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. for any employer without sponsorship.
401K matching, benefits, company truck and relocation assistance if required.
Are you ready for the next step in your career? Join Brunel’s powerful global network, where passionate, results-driven specialists come together with industry-leading clients. By connecting specialists to pioneering projects, we drive change in many industries, enabling growth and delivering great outcomes. Brunel helps you reach your full potential and empowers you to make an impact within a purpose-driven global company.
Explore your career opportunities!
At Brunel, we are proud of our unique corporate culture, which is shaped and nurtured by the collective efforts of our employees. Our work environment is characterised by an authentic, communicative and inclusive approach to teamwork that fosters an atmosphere of collaboration and creativity. Our values are at the center of everything we do – for our clients, our colleagues and ourselves.
Since 1975, our mission has always been to connect specialists to exciting career opportunities, to support the development of these careers, and to offer fair and equal employment. This has enabled us to create a truly sustainable and durable business model. Having a passion for people and caring deeply for the environment is not only part of Brunel’s DNA but is also reflected in our culture and values. As a global company, we take our social responsibility very seriously.
Join us on our mission!
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Cindy King is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use this number: PUB406605