Electrical Principal Process Safety and Risk
Vacancy number • PUB406480
Brunel is an industry leader when it comes to delivering successful results for our client base across the Construction, Rail, Infrastructure, Mining, Power and Oil & Gas industries.
Our client is a leading Tier One Miner. They are now seeking a Process Engineer to join their team based in Perth. The company is offering an attractive salary package and long-term career progression.
About this role
- Detailed process safety and risk assessments within the facility.
- Identifying engineering controls and enhancements post incidents, hazard reports, and risk evaluations, with a specific focus on electrical process safety.
- Planning and participating in various process safety risk assessment studies, including HAZID, HAZOP, and SIL Allocation, and ensuring diligent tracking of associated actions to closure.
- Crafting and implementing safety strategies for process, infrastructure, and equipment, considering construction methodologies, operational parameters, and maintenance philosophies.
- Collaborating with key stakeholders to provide crucial input into the development, implementation, and maintenance of the Process Safety Management System.
- Driving process safety risk assessment studies and ensuring comprehensive follow-through on action items.
- Compiling comprehensive safety in design reports summarizing the overall ALARP demonstration, with a specific emphasis on electrical engineering aspects.
- Contributing to the development of standards, procedures, guidelines, and training materials for the effective implementation of the Process Safety Management System, with a focus on electrical safety.
- Management of team and contractors
- Complying with Health & Safety statutory and system requirements
What you need to bring:
- Chartered Professional Engineer (CPEng) with a specialisation in electrical engineering.
- Tertiary qualifications in WHS, risk management, process engineering, process safety management
- Profound knowledge of Australian and relevant international codes, standards, and statutory requirements.
- Experience in ore processing or a related industry, with a proven track record in electrical process safety.
- Proven expertise in safety in electrical design engineering
This company offers an attractive salary package, plus mentorship from the senior management team and fantastic staff retention.
Please note all applications will be treated with the utmost confidence and due to the high number of applications received; only successful candidates will be contacted.
If you are interested in this opportunity, then click the ‘apply’ button now and please note all applications will be treated with the utmost confidence.
Operating in Australasia since 2001, Brunel has major bases of operation in Perth, Sydney, Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly global network spanning over 40 countries, 100+ offices and 45 years of successful operation.
Brunel is proud to be equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and female candidates.
Are you ready for the next step in your career? Join Brunel’s powerful global network, where passionate, results-driven specialists come together with industry-leading clients. By connecting specialists to pioneering projects, we drive change in many industries, enabling growth and delivering great outcomes. Brunel helps you reach your full potential and empowers you to make an impact within a purpose-driven global company.
Explore your career opportunities!
At Brunel, we are proud of our unique corporate culture, which is shaped and nurtured by the collective efforts of our employees. Our work environment is characterised by an authentic, communicative and inclusive approach to teamwork that fosters an atmosphere of collaboration and creativity. Our values are at the center of everything we do – for our clients, our colleagues and ourselves.
Since 1975, our mission has always been to connect specialists to exciting career opportunities, to support the development of these careers, and to offer fair and equal employment. This has enabled us to create a truly sustainable and durable business model. Having a passion for people and caring deeply for the environment is not only part of Brunel’s DNA but is also reflected in our culture and values. As a global company, we take our social responsibility very seriously.
Join us on our mission!
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Michael Garcia is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use this number: PUB406480