About this job
- Market: Energy
- Industry: Mining
- Area of expertise: Engineering & Design
- Location: Vaughan
What is required?
- Hours per week: 40
- Education level: Professional Bachelor
- Closing date: Saturday, March 4, 2023
About this role: Electrical Engineer
Our client is currently looking for an Electrical Engineer to join their team who will be responsible for coordinating and performing electrical engineering and design for specialized underground mining, shaft sinking and mining construction projects.
- Develops the design, calculations, engineering plans and criteria for the Electrical/Instrumentation scope of work on mining projects.
- Assesses the feasibility of proposed plans, projects and equipment from an electrical perspective.
- Participates in the planning and creation of drawings and designs involving detailed analysis and design of electrical systems.
- Determines electrical specifications, materials, equipment and scope.
- Specifying PLC/HMI hardware, Remote I/O, and communication components.
- Evaluates and reviews all electrical engineering work before being released including designs, drawings, code and integration with other disciplines.
- Ensures design compliance with relevant engineering standards and codes, as well as internal QA/QC procedures.
- Performs power system modelling and prepares power system studies and other reports, as required.
- Maintains electrical data, documentation, and drawings.
- Such other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
What you need to bring:
- Bachelor’s Degree in electrical engineering or College Diploma in electrical engineering technology.
- 4+ years of electrical engineering experience.
- Experience in the mining or heavy industries is an asset.
- Knowledge of electrical engineering principles and practices, industry and regulatory codes and standards (CSA, IEEE, ISA, NFPA)
- Experience in planning, engineering design, installation, operation, and maintenance of electrical, instrumentation, and PLC controls systems.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Strong team player with ability to coordinate and work with other engineering disciplines.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD and Navisworks.
- Experience with EasyPower and ETAP is an asset.
- Professional Engineer designation (P.Eng.), or in pursuit of the designation is an asset.
- Open to travelling to site occasionally.
What We Offer
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Brunel provides the global recruitment and workforce services you need to lead your industry. With 45 years of market experience in Renewable Energy, Automotive, Oil & Gas, Life Sciences, Mining and Infrastructure, we help you finish major projects safely, compliantly, on-time, within budget and at the highest quality, so you can keep growing – anywhere in the world.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Jen Folkes is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use this number:
Brunel Canada - Toronto