Vacancy number • PUB406446
Our client is looking for an Electrical Designer in Sudbury, Ontario, Canada. Under the Design Manager supervision, the Electrical Designer is responsible for designing full medium and low voltage electrical systems for mining mobile drilling equipment, creating electrical schematics & full electrical machine distribution, component selections, support prototype builds, develop and execute design validation plans to meet the performance and cost targets.
About this role
- Create full electrical schematics for mining mobile equipment and participate in testing of prototypes.
- Optimize electrical component selection to achieve the cost target and machine performance.
- Design and layout complete machine electrical system and harnesses.
- Mentor junior and intermediate engineers in electrical design decisions and provide feedback on continuous improvement.
- Work with the suppliers and manufacturing to provide the specifications for production launch.
- Work closely with vendors to optimize component selection.
- Work closely with operations, manufacturing engineering, product support and purchasing.
- Providing continuous support to production team during the assembly phase of capital equipment builds.
- Provide technical support to service department to resolve design issues and commissioning issues.
- Complete design work as required and participate in testing of prototypes.
What you need to bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering or equivalent relevant experience.
- 3+ years of experience with mobile heavy equipment electrical system selection and design.
- Experience participating as part of a multi-functional engineering team with understanding of electrical system design implications including hydraulic, powertrain and controls functionality.
- Familiar with ISO, ANSI, CSA and other country specific electrical safety regulations as required.
- Familiar with Engineering ERP systems.
- Understanding of ECNs, ECRs, NCRs, RAs, DFMEA and PFMEA.
- Experience with design software AutoCAD, SolidWorks
What We Offer
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Brunel provides the global recruitment and workforce services you need to lead your industry. With 45 years of market experience in Renewable Energy, Automotive, Oil & Gas, Life Sciences, Mining, and Infrastructure, we help you finish major projects safely, compliantly, on-time, within budget and at the highest quality, so you can keep growing – anywhere in the world.
Are you ready for the next step in your career? Join Brunel’s powerful global network, where passionate, results-driven specialists come together with industry-leading clients. By connecting specialists to pioneering projects, we drive change in many industries, enabling growth and delivering great outcomes. Brunel helps you reach your full potential and empowers you to make an impact within a purpose-driven global company.
Explore your career opportunities!
At Brunel, we are proud of our unique corporate culture, which is shaped and nurtured by the collective efforts of our employees. Our work environment is characterised by an authentic, communicative and inclusive approach to teamwork that fosters an atmosphere of collaboration and creativity. Our values are at the center of everything we do – for our clients, our colleagues and ourselves.
Since 1975, our mission has always been to connect specialists to exciting career opportunities, to support the development of these careers, and to offer fair and equal employment. This has enabled us to create a truly sustainable and durable business model. Having a passion for people and caring deeply for the environment is not only part of Brunel’s DNA but is also reflected in our culture and values. As a global company, we take our social responsibility very seriously.
Join us on our mission!
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Clemens Snoeijer is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use this number: PUB406446